User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New here

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    I actually found him on craigslist his owner was going to have a bunch of heart surgries and no longer had the time lucky needed and decided to find an adopter for him im very lucky i still talk to the perivous owner and hes just as happy as i am i love this guy so much i cant wait to help him be the best bird he can be

2. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-18-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    An avian vet usually has a tech help them out..they deal with birds as a specialty....I wouldn't be to worried about them getting hurt,they know what they are doing.A check up isn't a bad idea .
    "Ivo"

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2016), kendrafitz (09-22-2016), lolsavannahh (09-26-2016)

Parrots

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    An avian vet usually has a tech help them out..they deal with birds as a specialty....I wouldn't be to worried about them getting hurt,they know what they are doing.A check up isn't a bad idea .

Ill save up and look into reputable Aviary vet's here in San Diego the last person his previous owner took him too did his top beak to short i dont want that to happen again

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-18-2016), Dragonlady2 (09-18-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Jenn and Lucky,

Wow, Lucky is very handsome! It's great that you guys are doing so well with getting to know and trust one another. Sounds like your all off to a great start!

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Aye, don't worry about the vet getting bitten, they (should) have lots of experience... and that's what you are paying them for, so you don't have to be bitten
    Actually, once they get the towel over his head he should calm down a bit and if he does try and bite he will just get a mouthful of towel.
    Just be careful at home when you go to dry your hands that the bird doesn't give you a nip to warn you that he remembers what else towels are for.

Put the word towelling into the search field (top right of the screen) to read of our experiences
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2016), Lady (09-22-2016), luckyandjenn (09-18-2016), Mare (09-20-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Jenn and Lucky,

Wow, Lucky is very handsome! It's great that you guys are doing so well with getting to know and trust one another. Sounds like your all off to a great start!
    Thanks we are off to a terrific start im quite lucky ill try posting more pics and a video or too i seem to be having a hrad time all the stuff i have is to big or some dam thing lol

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-19-2016), Lady (09-19-2016)

Parrots

Sounds good i will do that thanks for the laugh this morning i will so look into your towelling stories happy to have found some decent forums to become a part of .... and im still doing alot of research trying to find a vet that I think is reputable vet out here in San Diego that specializes with exotic birds such as my lucky boy

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-18-2016), Dragonlady2 (09-18-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Not sure where you are in SD, but I found these on the net: http://www.drexotic.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/avian-and-e...al-san-diego-3

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-19-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Not sure where you are in SD, but I found these on the net: http://www.drexotic.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/avian-and-e...al-san-diego-3
    Yes i also found this i will be looking into this place id like to take lucky in for a check up and i believe the tip of his nails need to be trimmed as well as his beak i do think hes relatively healthy I was able to weigh him yesterday and he weighs 958 grams and from what I read at his age that seems to be normal

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-19-2016), Lady (09-22-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi, Jenn and Lucky! Welcome! Lucky is a handsome guy and sounds like he got lucky by you finding him . I suppose to socialize an animal you've got to get them around people. Starting out with him in a carrier may be a good beginning.

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-20-2016), Lady (09-22-2016)