User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zupreem Naturals Breeders Blend

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Zupreem Naturals Breeders Blend

So the breeder I got Charlie from had him on the Zupreem naturals breeder blend pellet food. I have searched everywhere Amazon, Dr. Foster & Smith, Petco.com
    and I am not having any luck finding it. I was hoping some of you all might have a link or something to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Do you want to stick with this food? Harrisons is one of the best and you can call them and see which food to switch him to at this point.

If you have the zupreem food bag it should have a phone number for you to call. I found a web page where this food is listed. Also listed is "find a store that sells this". http://www.zupreem.com/products/avian-breeder-natural

Banned

I feed mine Harrisons High Potency Course Is recommended for Cockatoos, my Avian Vet also recommends. Amazon has it, if you have amazon prime get in 2 days I get the 5lb bag. keep in fridge it's a little more expensive but overall you get more bang for your buck! compared to what you are currently feeding.
    Last edited by The Pinkertons; 03-28-2016 at 09:16 PM.

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (03-28-2016)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Thank you ladies, I knew someone would be able to find it. I googled it, looked at Amazon (usually you can find just about anything at Amazon).

Dianne, unfortunately I don't have the bag the food comes in. When I picked Charlie up, she gave me a Ziploc bag with 3 pounds of food in it. The breeder orders the 40 pound bag and then divides it when she sends her birds home plus it is what she feeds her birds.

I actually emailed her and then called her to ask her to send me a picture of the bag or a link to order from. She also had a hard time finding it and told me she has to buy it wholesale.

I am going to check our Harrison's, the vet recommended Lefebers. Has anyone tried that brand?

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Do you want to stick with this food? Harrisons is one of the best and you can call them and see which food to switch him to at this point.

If you have the zupreem food bag it should have a phone number for you to call. I found a web page where this food is listed. Also listed is "find a store that sells this". http://www.zupreem.com/products/avian-breeder-natural
    Thank you Dianne, I actually found a store that is about 20 minutes from me that carries it.

You are awesome!

7. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (03-29-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper's vet recommended Harrison's which we use, but he also gets Nutriberries as treats - yumyum.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following user likes this post:

The Pinkertons (03-29-2016)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Casper's vet recommended Harrison's which we use, but he also gets Nutriberries as treats - yumyum.
    We use Nutriberries also as treats Jean-Pierre and Charlie loves them. I put some of them in his foot toys to encourage him to forage, they look and smell good!

I am going to check into Harrisons.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-29-2016), The Pinkertons (03-29-2016)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    Thank you ladies, I knew someone would be able to find it. I googled it, looked at Amazon (usually you can find just about anything at Amazon).

Dianne, unfortunately I don't have the bag the food comes in. When I picked Charlie up, she gave me a Ziploc bag with 3 pounds of food in it. The breeder orders the 40 pound bag and then divides it when she sends her birds home plus it is what she feeds her birds.

I actually emailed her and then called her to ask her to send me a picture of the bag or a link to order from. She also had a hard time finding it and told me she has to buy it wholesale.

I am going to check our Harrison's, the vet recommended Lefebers. Has anyone tried that brand?
    Breeders need to keep cost down, zupreem is ok enough to to keep their stock feed to reasonable nutrient values. Breeders would go broke feeding high quality feed like Harrisons. Lefabers is ok for treats. Harrisons has the highest quality of balanced /nutrient dense feed available.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    That's right I have never known a breeder who feeds Harrisons. I can barely afford it. My cat is on a prescription diet, has been for many years and now I have to pay $42 for a 7 pound bag. Way too much.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by The Pinkertons View Post

Breeders need to keep cost down, zupreem is ok enough to to keep their stock feed to reasonable nutrient values. Breeders would go broke feeding high quality feed like Harrisons. Lefabers is ok for treats. Harrisons has the highest quality of balanced /nutrient dense feed available.
    Thank you Suzanne, I never looked at it from that point of view. I am so happy that I am on PP and you all are on PP, Charlie and I would be lost without you.

He is 4 months old, what would you suggest I transition him to?