User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Meet my buddy - Red Crowned Mexican

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Remember you may be putting all of your birds and any human who has come in contact with Ruby at risk for respiratory diseases associated like Pneumonia. In this case I think the responsible thing to do is to find out exactly what is going on. Otherwise you will be holding your household and birds in quarantine for a long long time.

https://www.beautyofbirds.com/chlamydiapsittaci.html I know and understand how you feel but there are other lives that may be involved here. I am not meaning to be harsh to you. I want to give you a hug for all you have been through.

This article shows the test that can be done on a suspected bird including radiology. http://www.lbah.com/word/avian/parro...r-psittacosis/
    Last edited by spiritbird; 02-17-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I understand your fear. And your vet is correct. I won't recommend not having the further testing done. But it's ultimately up to you.
    I will get her tested. I just hate putting Ruby through this... Last time he had to wrap her up in a towel and she was screaming, it broke my heart. He was so afraid of being bit that at one point he let her fall, thankfully not far as he had at least caught her half way but she still fell from his hand.

I hope everyone understands I'm just scared, I love Ruby so much. I know how the government is, they create this stuff and spread it to depopulate the earth.

Thank you Tony I know you're right I'm just so scared my pets are all I have along with my hubby and daughter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Remember you may be putting all of your birds and any human who has come in contact with Ruby at risk for respiratory diseases associated like Pneumonia. In this case I think the responsible thing to do is to find out exactly what is going on. Otherwise you will be holding your household and birds in quarantine for a long long time.

https://www.beautyofbirds.com/chlamydiapsittaci.html I know and understand how you feel but there are other lives that may be involved here. I am not meaning to be harsh to you. I want to give you a hug for all you have been through.

This article shows the test that can be done on a suspected bird including radiology. http://www.lbah.com/word/avian/parro...r-psittacosis/
    Thank you, I will read these links. I will take Ruby to her appointment tomorrow, I'm so scared. I love all my pets so much. I love my human family so much too. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-18-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdWhisperer View Post
    Thank you Tony I know you're right I'm just so scared my pets are all I have along with my hubby and daughter.
    I understand, Kristin. And you're sure welcome. We do care!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I understand, Kristin. And you're sure welcome. We do care!
    Thank you Tony, I'm glad I have these forums. I'm glad you guys welcome me and my pets. (Hugs) Everyone here at PP have been so kind to me. I will try to have more faith, I will stay optimistic and not let Ruby see I'm worried.

7. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (02-18-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Suggest you let the vet do the testing and you go in when he is finished. That way Ruby will not associate you with the deed. That's what I would do. Others may not agree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Suggest you let the vet do the testing and you go in when he is finished. That way Ruby will not associate you with the deed. That's what I would do. Others may not agree.
    This makes sense thank you all here at PP.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Is your vet an avian vet? I only ask bc he was afraid of getting bitten.

I had Rosie see an exotic vet that wasn't avian once. Her vet was away and I was assured this vet would be more than comfortable with the big beak. Well, she wasnt. She was terrified of Rosie and it was a big, long disaster.

I agree that it is safest to have her tested.

Tony - is this the same thing that our friend caught? The man that had 2 GWS that passed?
    Rosie & Kendra

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Is your vet an avian vet? I only ask bc he was afraid of getting bitten.

I had Rosie see an exotic vet that wasn't avian once. Her vet was away and I was assured this vet would be more than comfortable with the big beak. Well, she wasnt. She was terrified of Rosie and it was a big, long disaster.

I agree that it is safest to have her tested.

Tony - is this the same thing that our friend caught? The man that had 2 GWS that passed?
    It's a vet that sees birds, turtles, dogs, cats etc. I don't think they see a lot of birds though I'm not positive though but he definitely didn't want bit. Honestly I'm not afraid to be bit.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Ok, that makes sense. If you have an avian vet in your area, you may eventually want to think of switching. Bit not everyone has that option. I know they can be few and far between.

Lots of vets are afraid of beaks. My dogs vet will not see birds. Thankfully Rosie has a great vet close by.

I will be sending you lots of good thoughts.
    Rosie & Kendra