User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellets

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    It was also banned by the FDA for use in cat food, due to something called heinz body anemia. We can go around and around about how the FDA deems chemicals as safe or not. To me it is at the very least a controversial item, some sites saying it is safe, and others saying it is not. I choose, for my birds and my family to err on the side of caution. Why put chemicals in ours or our pets bodies if we don't have to? There are a lot of healthier choices out there, and a "nutriberry" type food can be made with known simple ingredients, and without chemicals or preservatives.
    keep smiling

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Actually it is an organic compound.

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Carole, come on now. You cannot possibly think that the 20 or so avian vets who are nutritional consultants for Lafeber are trying to poison companion parrots. That just doesn't make any sense.

Parrots

I do think people accept certain things as safe, that are not. The FDA also approves artificial colors..I do not use them either.The FDA also says things are ok that other countries ban, so who is right or wrong? Propylene glycol is a derivative of petroleum. It's not going in my birds, that's all I know. I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I will never condone anything with this ingredient. You may do as you wish.I will keep trying to persuade you to reconsider. And I still love you!
    keep smiling

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Pellets are so controversial honestly and the best thing I can add to this is, never look down upon anyone for feeding any kind of pellet. If it is a colored pellet and organic pellet a kaytee brand pellet, o well at least the birds are not eating sunflower seeds and peanuts all day long. So i never really judge anyone by the pellets they use or disagree with any certain type. At least they have taken the initiative to offer the parrots a balanced diet.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by RoseBandit View Post
    Certainly Thanks for your effort to help
    Ok, I got the ok to share the info. I will start a thread.
    keep smiling