User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avian Obesity

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Brandon - I enjoyed your post.

Mare - I think you are right on. She is way too focused on me. She goes in her cage when I go out and relaxes/sleeps, or whatever it is she does. I have tried putting her in her cage and going out of eyesight, telling her I have to go to work and just doing other things in the house. But once she hears me, screaming ensues. I have also put her on her stand in my room, closed the door and gone downstairs (with the tv on for her). I usually do that with my mil, bc she is a nervous wreck with Rosie. Screaming on and off until I get her. What is really boils down to is my life is much easier when Jef and the kids are out. Then she will yell once or twice for me and then move on to play with a toy or throw her food around. If anyone is home, she knows I need to keep her quiet.

I'm not really super worried about her weight. The vet said she is a small GW and if she ever goes over 1200, she will be too heavy. She is usually somewhere around 1050 - 1100. So I know she is ok. But she just feels so darned skinny and boney to me. It will be funny if she ever changes her mind about eating and I have to worry about her being too heavy. It actually wouldn't surprise me in the least...expect the unexpected.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-02-2016)