User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~~The Unvailing of Miss Ruby Jewel~~

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Wonderful Photos, De'Andrea! I'm so happy to know that Ruby Jewel is finally home and to see her in her new environment . You have quite the impressive family . So now it's time for the bonding phase!

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-06-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Shes great De Andrea !!! Im so glad shes home,what a wait and experience . Im so impressed with the stand you made her. Hows she doing ?,what does she think of the boys and you ? Keep the pictures coming

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-06-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Wow beautiful bird and I love the cage set up. Fantastic idea. She is going to be one happy bird

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-06-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    I would love to know more about the aviary. I am looking at them at Lowe's site. Most do not seem to have a top, is that an extra panel? I do not see one with your exact dimensions yet. I do see some say galvanized-yes, and some say galvanized-no, the one that says no says powder coated steel, but you think they are actually stainless?
    The one I have is the AKC 5'X10'X6' one Lowes has on its site. I am only using half of it which makes it a 5'X5' which is why you don't find my exact sizing sold there. And yes, that is one of the extra panels I am using for the top since I don't need the full length. I don't have the space for the full length at the moment where I have it set up.

Now as far as if it is stainless steel, I assumed it was since it said it was steel construction & no galvanizing. The one I have for my Catalina boys which is the bare metal silver color, meaning no powder coat or any other coating on it is stainless steel. I have had it for a little over 1 1/2 yrs now & I don't see it listed anymore, not sure why. Maybe the powder coated is not SS, but either way it is working out fine & I will see if it stands up as well as my boy's enclosure has.

Thanks everyone. I believe in giving all my feathered kids as much space as I can fit into my home & can afford. My work schedule doesn't allow me to let them out for long on work nights which is a 4 on & 4 off. They get out in the morning when I get home a little after 7:00 am for up to 1 1/2 hrs. while I feed everyone & again at 2:00 pm for 1 1/2 hrs. while I get ready for work. So, for those 4 days I feel the large cage is a must to keep them from feeling cage bound. I also love being able to walk into their cages, rather than just be able to reach in. So far neither Roscoe or Angel are cage aggressive I feel due to my comings & goings in their cages as long as I'm not fiddling with their toys, that is!
    Last edited by Turquoise; 05-06-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Corrected a typo error.

8. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-06-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Awesome, thank you!
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

10. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-08-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Congratulations!! She is beautiful. Love your handmade play tree. We may try making one of those. Great job!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

12. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (05-08-2013)