User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had A Scare With Elfe Today-So Here Is A Warning/Reminder

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon

Had A Scare With Elfe Today-So Here Is A Warning/Reminder

I was in the kitchen making everyone's breakfast, when Elfe started squealing. Not a happy squeal, a HELP ME squeal!! I ran down the hallway to my office, and quickly saw she was stuck up at the top of her cage on a pear link. She had her beak up and over the end, which had opened. It was very frightening for a few tense moments. She was squealing a lot and thrashing, trying to get unstuck. I though I was going to have to leave her hanging and go get something to cut it off. Then I just tried to gently pull up just a tiny bit, and she came undone!
    Lots of cuddles inside my shirt, and she was fine. No marks or outward signs of any injury. She seems no worse for it. But, this is a stern reminder to us all. Check all toys regularly! Evidently, she climbs up and down the links so much she is undoing them. I found another one undone. These were just finger tight. I assumed she couldn't loosen them. Now I know better, and have taken a pair of pliers and tightened them better so they cannot be loosened. It was very scary!!

And the most fascinating part of this, was even my dog who was dead asleep, bolted out into the hallway. Even he understood her distress call. I have learned that all of my birds know each others warnings and distress, and that is fascinating also, to me. But to think even a dog can understand...I find that amazing. He is a good dog that looks out and protects all of our critters, and me too.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), Pinkbirdy (05-05-2013)

Parrots

Cockatiels: Izzy, Quinn, Baretta, Zoey, Phoebe, Bailey, Tobias, Indira, Noelle, Sierra, Phin, Mayzie, Q-ie. Senegal: Paris - BGM: Alex - P'let: Sprite - Maxi Pi: Sembre
    I am so glad little Elfe is okay! So scary!

4. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-02-2013)

That must have been quite frightening for you Carole I am glad Elfe is ok though

6. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-02-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I was relieved to hear Elfe was ok.

8. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-02-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Thank you Jaime, Wendy, and Audrey.Wait until you hear what else just happened!
    keep smiling

Parrots

3 Eclectus Parrots, Ruby, Tina and Jax
    Glad to hear Elfe is ok! Thanks for the reminder! I try to stay on top of checking mine too. I've heard of other birds being injured on them.

11. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-02-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Peeker!
    keep smiling

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    Oh, the heart attacks our babies can give us!!! I'm glad you got to her so quickly. You're such a good mama!

14. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Kara! All is well here today.
    keep smiling

Parrots

Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures - Bella and Zora Senegal - Oliver
    THat must have been so frightening! SO glad Elfe is fine though!

17. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-04-2013)