User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: disturbing truth :(

See, just another thing why I am an odd ball. Jody has been with me the longest, I picked her up the day after the San Francisco earthquake in '89. Kalea I have had for the past 8 wonderful years. Now Donovan will be here 2 years on April 5th and he isn't going anywhere.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-22-2015), Mare (03-23-2015), plax (03-22-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    You're not an oddball, Renee'! You are a great person taking responsibility!

Ah, gee-wise (blushing) that is nice of you to say

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    That number does not surprise me one bit . the amount of people on the eckie sites I'm on are forever saying I can't handle the noise there new eckie is making or he/she just keeps biting I'm going to have to rehome the bird . it makes me so mad these people have no idea how to take care of there bird and in the beginning they didn't do there research.

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-25-2015)

Parrots

I currently own Digby - 3-year-old male Congo African Grey and Cleo - 15-year-old female Umbrella Cockatoo.
    I think it's lack of common knowledge. Just the other day, my grandmother asked me, "So, what do you feed your birds? Seed?" I explained to her seed mixes are apart of my birds' diet, but would never, ever be the only thing. I went on to tell her a bit about proper feeding of parrots, and she had no idea. A lot of people tend to assume things about parrots that just aren't true or only partially true. I think and hope that as time goes on, information will spread and people will have a better idea of what they are getting into before bringing home a bird.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-03-2015), Lady (04-04-2015), plax (04-03-2015)