User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brrrrrrr

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well it is almost 3p.m. and I hope you now have your wood. If not I would get it somewhere else!

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-28-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    The firewood was delivered at noon...on the dot. WOOOHOOO!

Now Rosie and I can hang in her favorite spot again! Poor Jef is out putting the wood away while we are nice and toasty warm.

Last edited by kendrafitz; 02-28-2015 at 08:49 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (02-28-2015), Mare (02-28-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Happy days are here again!! . What type of wood is that? We burn oak, manzanita and pine out here.
    Last edited by Mare; 02-28-2015 at 10:31 PM.

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-28-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I honestly don't know. It comes from a guy who does tree removal so I am guessing it is a mixture. I am not familiar with manzanita, is it slow burning? I think the last cord was pine, it burned really quickly. We went through a cord in a little over 3 months. Which is insane...we usually get a year out of it.
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-01-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Pine burns quickly but leaves little ash. Manzanita is a super hard wood and is our fave for long nights. Oak is amazing, also. The harder the wood, the longer the burn/warmth.

Tim cuts our wood and I help load it into the truck..then we stack it. Old pros going on here

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-01-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We had a truckload of logs delivered yesterday which, along with some other logs that magically appear on the driveway from people who do not have open fires but do have trees in their gardens, means we have full loads in both sides of the inglenook. That should ensure that we don't get a relapse into winter although there was the briefest shower of sleet just before the delivery arrived.

New logs by DSdriver, on Flickr

A mix of ash, beech, birch, cherry, oak and some other unknown stuff some of which was saffron yellow below the bark when I cut it up with the chainsaw.

The cherry has been set aside for when guests come.

12. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-23-2015)