User Tag List

Thread: Amazon singing?

Parrots

Congo African grey, keet

Amazon singing?

I had an amazon that I fostered for only a few months. At that time, he only said 'hello' sweetly. He was very interactive and fun, but I've seen a lot of videos where the amazons sing! Do yours sing?
    Rachael Rawlings
    And my CAG Isaac
    Author of: The Parrot Told Me

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Not mine but a vet tech brings hers in the office and I have never heard a bird sing so clearly on key. Songs were mostly nursery rhymes. The owner played recordings to this bird many hours to help the bird learn.

3. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-28-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    No singing, though he does go la la la in a tuneful way like my mother taught him.
    Margaret gave up trying to play the flute with him around - he wanted to perch on the flute and nibble her fingers as she played.

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-28-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    No, no singing from Lady either. If I can ever get her on camera she does at times try. It doesn't happen to often but every now and again she will sway back and forth and vocalize but not words as we know them.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Old video of Tequila

- - - Updated - - -

Old video of Tequila
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-30-2015)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    We have a breeding pair of Tres Marias Amazons who honk like geese.But one of them...I think the female loves to laugh and laugh and laugh.She of course stops when I enter the room...but just hearing her laugh puts a smile on everyones face everytime.Doesnt sing though.
    "Ivo"

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (01-30-2015), Pinkbirdy (01-28-2015)

Parrots

Congo African grey, keet
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Old video of Tequila

- - - Updated - - -

Old video of Tequila
    Really funny, and he's trying so hard!!
    Rachael Rawlings
    And my CAG Isaac
    Author of: The Parrot Told Me

12. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (01-29-2015)

Amazon parrots sings really very well. Sometime you cant identify whom signing an Amazon parrot or a human being. Somehow parrots take few time to sing and some parrots starts singin in very early age may be it depends upon environment of area. A place where mostly song tune plays parrots living there can start singing very early.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (10-08-2015)