User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Was So Sick

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

He Was So Sick

Sad to report to all Chipper fans that his little yellow wings flew over the rainbow bridge today. For two days he took in no food or water and vomited pea size balls of sticky seeds from his crop. He eventually went to the cage floor all fluffed up. Daisy stayed by his side the entire 2 days. She must have known how sick he was. I could not let this suffering continue. It was quite peaceful at the vets office today. I held him under my chin for about 1 hour singing all the songs he is used to hearing. He really relaxed and fell asleep. I handed him over to the doc and he never woke up. I pray no other bird gets this yeast in their body to do such damage as it did to Chipper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_bird_to_remind_me_christmas_ornaments-r84ef2575d4154f55b57f8070f265f6c4_x7s2p_8byvr_324.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	2566

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    So sorry for your lose,I know how much he meant to you . May he fly free over the rainbow bridge . hugs to you and your in my thoughts
    Last edited by spiritbird; 12-23-2014 at 01:20 AM.

3. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    I'm so sorry

5. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh Dianne, I am truly sorry for your loss. The little plaque you have says so much, although he is not physically here you always will keep him with you. The love you shared will live on for he is a part of you.

7. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Im so sorry that must have been so hard for you.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

9. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I am so very sorry Dianne. Chipper was such a special, smart, sweet little guy. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and Daisy as well. Chipper knows how much you loved him and is looking down at you with love and gratitude. Fly free Chipper, I will miss seeing your videos and hearing your sweet little voice.
    Rosie & Kendra

11. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Oh, Dianne..I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved and cared for little Chipper. fly free little bird..

13. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I am very sorry to hear this..

15. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I'm terribly sorry, Dianne. It's at least comforting that he went to sleep peacefully; however it's a horribly devastating turn . Chipper was such a special, talented little budgie... I, too, am going to miss your videos of him, and certainly his wonderful, cheerful little voice . He will suffer no longer and he'll live on in your heart, as well as in each of ours! Please accept my condolences for your tragic and immeasurable loss
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

17. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)

Parrots

Conure
    Di so sorry for your loss. I know the pain you went through making this decision and the pain now of his passing. My thoughts, prayers and hugs are with you. Just know that Chipper knew how much you loved him. He went home peacefully and is now free from pain and illness. Fly free Chipper.

19. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-23-2014)