User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHHHHHHHH !!!!!! 2 more Macaws

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

AHHHHHHHH !!!!!! 2 more Macaws

Ive lost my mind !! I thought I was turning into TOO town . Now Its just going to be Macaw street So it started I was looking on craigslist [Pearl needs a new cage ) also always looking for play stands . I saw an add for 2 yellow bellied caiques with cage for 500 [ Dave and I love Caiques] We were admiring them .Then they dropped the price to 300 [they were young birds 2 years old . I called but missed out. That of course put me in this bird getting frame of mind . I saw an ad Saturday night 2 macaws [a greenwing and blue and gold] . They shared a cage male and female . Male blue and gold 6 and greenwing female 9.They wanted 700 for both birds cage ,Playstand and carrier. I dreamt about them all night. I called [you could tell they didn't really care about the birds] I thought he said they were in the basement. . Dave didn't want to go with me [it was an hour and a half away ] So I took my car tools [to break down the cage] and Gps. I think I had a premonition on this.They were In this awful basement . No food or water [the blue and gold looks very underweight] . I believe they fed them once a day [very little] . So we dismantled the cage loaded my car .The guy said the whole time [how its not like I need this money for drugs ] I think that's exactly what it was for and why it was so cheap . I feel like this whole day was meant to happen and me to follow through with. Now to figure out what lovely vet around here Im taking them to.So I have Rocky and Ruby [Ive learned its easier to just keep the names].
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (09-16-2013), Honesty (09-16-2013), kendrafitz (09-16-2013), Mare (09-18-2013), Turquoise (09-17-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Wow! Great job!
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

4. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-16-2013)

Wow! Terri, I just knew you would get some more, but I had a feeling it would have been Zons. It sounds like it was meant to be I am so pleased you have got Rocky and Ruby out of that awful situation. Keep us updated on the vet visit.

Look forward to seeing pics!

6. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-16-2013)

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    Thank goodness that you found them.

8. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-16-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Very nice, Terri. I'm so glad you got them out of there! I've modified your bird list for you so you won't have to. I think I did it right. Congrats!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-17-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Nice job and I know that R&R will be so much healthier and happier with you.

12. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-16-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Now she'd better make those orange and blue stripes on either side of her signature a bit narrower I'd say
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (09-16-2013), Honesty (09-16-2013), ShellyBorg (09-16-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Wow, Terri! What awesome news. They couldn't go to a better home! I'm so glad you rescued them!!

Send me pics when you have time and ill squeeze them in your siggy!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Its neat hearing 3 Macaws in the house [they talk]. They have been eating and drinking all day .Ruby [the Greenwing ] Has a lot of mannerisms like Salsa!!! They are huge . I showed Harlow them [Rocky waved at her They like are attention . We will take as long as they need to build are relationship.They are good when you let them out . They play on top of their cage. I hope they learn to enjoy their toys.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

17. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (09-17-2013), Debra (09-17-2013), Mare (09-18-2013), plax (09-17-2013), spiritbird (09-17-2013), Turquoise (09-17-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Your right ,how am I going to fit more in my signature Thanks Tony ,for changing my list Green wings are such a different type of Macaw .She bounces ,dances and responds when you talk to her [ very smart]

19. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (09-17-2013), plax (09-17-2013)