User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Controversial Bird Toy

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Lol Mare!! I so wish I could see that!
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I could get a video of it but posting the video is another story . Photos are one thing..videos are another..

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Dianne, "obsessed" is truly a word I would use when speaking of Amigo and a mirror. He tries to KILL that intruder daring to enter his territory!! We have a wall mirror in the bathroom, that when he is on the floor he can see himself. He will charge it, crest up, wings flared and bash into the mirror, head first!
    Siamese fighting bird LOL

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Mare (08-27-2014), Minamommy (09-19-2014), spiritbird (08-27-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Clover loves mirrors. I don't keep one in or near his cage but I will bring him to a mirror and he loves to talk to the other bird. He says "what ya doing? Huh?" and then he'll say "Awww, Cute" but he draws out the cute part

6. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-27-2014), Lady (08-27-2014), Mare (08-27-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    A while back, I had him on the counter, in the bathroom, there is a full size mirror there that he could see himself in. I have a basket filled with jewelry, crystals, rings and things on this counter. I left the room for a minute and hear this huge commotion going on! I run back in and here is Amigo, slinging rings and necklaces at his reflection. I watched for a while and it was obvious, he..was..pissed! He started to chest-bump himself in the mirror!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-27-2014), Minamommy (09-19-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Guessing Amigo does not want another Cockatoo in his home. Message understood!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-27-2014), Minamommy (09-19-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    These accounts are all so interesting. I never really had Lady around a mirror much except when passing one. She just jerked her body back her eyes started pinning and she let out a hi. With the way she is regurgitating on her toys as well as me I don't think now would be a good time to try.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-27-2014), Minamommy (09-19-2014)

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    I had a little parakeet she loved the mirror and hated me or coming out of the cage. She just could not be trained I worked slowly with her for 6 months. Finally I thought if your happier in your cage I'll get you a friend. I bought her a fake friend. WOW she loved it. Mina when she looks in the mirror she just looks at herself. No reaction. Then she leans forward and wants to lick it. Weird bird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    Orsino actually became aggressive when we gave him a mirror - he didn't want to come out at all, just sat in front of it singing to it, and bit until he drew blood even if we just reached for his food dish. We got rid of the mirror in his cage and he became a loving, adorable little guy after that. I still let him see the birdy in the bathroom mirror on occasion, and he's much better with that, but I think that having it in his cage made him think he had to defend his "friend" and keep us away from it. When it's outside his cage, he's absolutely non-aggressive around mirrors, but when it's inside he's a completely different bird.

It's fun watching him talk to the bird in the bathroom mirror, though. He'll tap his beak on it, sing to it, whistle, look up at me and 'laugh', and then start flirting with the bird in the mirror.

15. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-29-2014)

Parrots

White Faced Cockatiel - Riley. Heavy Pied Cockatiel - Carolina
    as far as a mirror that won't break walmart makes one that has two metal rods on it with beeds that are infront of it making it a good toy that your parakeets won't break and it's cheap only about $1. None of the birds I have had a problem with a mirror.