User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: where all do you take your bird??

Parrots

Mango, 2yo Male Sun Conure
    Thought I'd share some of Mango's adventures!!

Mango at college:
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1692921_n.jpg

Mango in the backyard:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...77216419_n.jpg

Mango at my younger brother's football game:
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...73405430_n.jpg

This was a class I taught about parrots to 4-H'ers:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...35574054_n.jpg

Here are just a few to get y'all started. I'm in the process of transitioning to a new computer so my pics are everywhere right now!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

DistinctiveFeather (06-07-2013), Turquoise (06-07-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    My goodness, Mango is a lucky guy! He gets to go to such wonderful places. He does look to be having lots of fun.

Thanks for sharing these photos. Keep them coming, they are great!!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

Darcy (golden-collared macaw), Puck (caique - RIP)
    I take Darcy to the store, to the park, to friends' houses (I give them a teflon warning beforehand now), etc. He's been to my work, but not while I am actually working. He's gotten to be a big ham!

5. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (06-07-2013)

Parrots

Darcy (golden-collared macaw), Puck (caique - RIP)

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (06-11-2013), Pinkbirdy (06-11-2013)

Parrots

macaws
    We take our BTM to an assisted living home for the elderly, he just loves the attention and the residents love to see him.

9. The following user likes this post:

DistinctiveFeather (06-07-2013)

Parrots

maroon bellied conure
    Rico comes with me to stay at my friends apartment when she goes away every so often. He travels in his pet carrier and loves the short subway trip. He also gets a lot of attention when we are walking through the streets.
    I was a bit worried when I got him about taking him out but from the very first trip he was super well behaved...not a squeak...and settled in his new environment immediately.
    I have been thinking of getting him a harness....just a little concerned about how he will take to it....

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Quincy has gone to visits to grandma's (my mom's ) and my husbands best friends house when we go away on vacation. He's been to the store with me quite a bit.

Savannah has been to the store and outside the house on her harness.

I took both of them to my daughters 1st grade class this past Tuesday!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    I was just about to make a thread asking the same thing. hahahaa. I am getting a harness later this week, so hopefully I can take cooper to more places. also, how do you know if you can bring a bird to a store? like do you just walk in with them??? hahaha. I would love to see other peoples faces XD. what happens if they kick you out(because of the bird that it), where do you put them while u finish shopping? also, how do you keep them from pooping on things(if on harness not carrier). I doubt anyone wants bird poop in their store!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoogls View Post
    I was just about to make a thread asking the same thing. hahahaa. I am getting a harness later this week, so hopefully I can take cooper to more places. also, how do you know if you can bring a bird to a store? like do you just walk in with them??? hahaha. I would love to see other peoples faces XD. what happens if they kick you out(because of the bird that it), where do you put them while u finish shopping? also, how do you keep them from pooping on things(if on harness not carrier). I doubt anyone wants bird poop in their store!
    You live near me and I just don't see birds around here ,let alone in a store. I think this is more in the southern states [unless someone knows otherwise]. I saw pictures of a member on a forum had . His macaw was at Walmart ,Lowes,on a gulf course ,rowboat and camping [I loved it] There was another guy that moved here from Florida .He said 9 out of 12 homes had birds . You would see them all together at outdoor cafes [can you imagine] I think were missing out . I would love to do a meet and greet bird park day.

14. The following user likes this post:

Minamommy (09-12-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Terri, what part of upstate ny do you live, if you don't mind me asking. I only live 20 minutes from Ny state!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield