User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keikos new words

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot

keikos new words

hello, Keiko has been say hello for a while now (about once a day she will say it verry clearly), she has also been doing the noise the phone makes. Her new thing is 'Oh My God'. Its not verry clear but its understandable.

Have any of your birds talked, if so what have they said?????

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Antoinette (04-28-2013), keepsmiling (04-28-2013), roxynoodle (04-28-2013)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy View Post
    hello, Keiko has been say hello for a while now (about once a day she will say it verry clearly), she has also been doing the noise the phone makes. Her new thing is 'Oh My God'. Its not verry clear but its understandable.

Have any of your birds talked, if so what have they said?????

I am so happy for you Blake, you have been patient and it has paid off
    A bird's first words are always the most precious and remembered ones

Keep up the excellent work soon you will have a 24/7 chatterbox

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Birdboy (05-01-2013), keepsmiling (04-28-2013)

Parrots

Scarlet- Female Eclectus & Ticka- Male Cockatiel
    Scarlet talks non stop now, but it's not completely clear, I can understand her an most of the times everyone else can, but only just!
    She can say quite a few things, it started with "step up" then "hello"
    And she used to walk around all day saying "step up, step up, step up, hellooooo, step up, hello"
    Now she also says "come on" "come on boy" and "what are you doin boy?"
    She has been copying my male cockatiel, that's all he says all day every day, now she says it all the time lol.
    She says "scarlet" and that's what she thinks my name is, so she calls out Scarlet now when she wants me lol.
    Her most recent one is "NO!"
    I ask her to step up, and if she doesn't want to she will reply with "no!"
    I ask her to stop chewing the wall, and she replies with "no!!" And continues chewing till I come over to take her away from the wall lol.
    She has become a bit like having a two year old child with that attitude of hers.
    She is so funny though she makes me laugh all the time!

6. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-28-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    That's great she has said her first words

My YC says: hello; hello, dear; hi; hurry; come here; be right back!; whatever!; goodnight; kiss; whatcha doin?; I love you; I love it; sorry; probably others I'm not thinking of right now. He seems to have his own language as well that I call amazon babble. He says, "A bah bah bah bah bah! A bear bear!" He also barks like a dog. And he giggles and has this maniacal, lunatic laugh.

8. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-28-2013)

Parrots

Scarlet- Female Eclectus & Ticka- Male Cockatiel
    Quote Originally Posted by roxynoodle View Post
    That's great she has said her first words

My YC says: hello; hello, dear; hi; hurry; come here; be right back!; whatever!; goodnight; kiss; whatcha doin?; I love you; I love it; sorry; probably others I'm not thinking of right now. He seems to have his own language as well that I call amazon babble. He says, "A bah bah bah bah bah! A bear bear!" He also barks like a dog. And he giggles and has this maniacal, lunatic laugh.
    I know many birds that make up their own language lol. I think it's because they hear us having conversations, and there doing the same thing, they just don't realise we're actually putting words together saying things haha! Funny birds

10. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-28-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    I know many birds that make up their own language lol. I think it's because they hear us having conversations, and there doing the same thing, they just don't realise we're actually putting words together saying things haha! Funny birds
    I agree. My Grey also has her own language that we speak to each other, lol! I think in her case it came out of my trying to imitate squeaky car brakes back to her and from there it's become a nonsensical Merlin/Audrey language.

12. The following user likes this post:

Brodie (04-29-2013)

Thats fantastic he has now started talking

Codie says quite alot now. His favourite is.. Good Boy Codie... He also says... Hello... Bye Bye.... What ya doing... Shut up... Hiya Wendy.... Night Night... Oh No...... His new one is to go into fits of laughter for about half an hour LOL.. He has no clue what he is laughing at though

Flash says good girl and step up so far. She definetly has her own babble. She also knows a few wild bird whistles my bf has taught her along with whistling the chorus to a jay z song also the bf.

Parrots

If there is a guest here and we aren't paying attention to him, Pete will yell, "Hello-ooo-ooo-ooo". That always gets him attention because then of course the guest asks, "OMG, which one just said that?"

He did say "yes" a couple of weeks ago when I asked him if he was happy my uncle went home, lol! I haven't heard him say it again though.

16. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-29-2013)

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot
    thank you all for your kind words, i am kinda confident now that she will grow up to be a good talker, when do amazons usally start to talk. as keiko is about 7 1/2 months at the moment???