User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zoltan in hospital

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds

zoltan in hospital

My sisters cat,in at the vets ,not knowing if he will make it through the night, he has been bitten by a tiger snake and then ate it. So multiple bites. In throat. Already had two vials of anti venom. On ventilator As he cant breath on his own atm. I pray he makes it through the night as its my sisters baby and one cat I do like. Russian blue.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I hope he is OK. This does not sound good.

I hope he will be okay Steve!

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    One of the most deadly snakes world wide , it was only a hatchling which means there could be upto 70 baby tiger snakes here on property. Now that scares me and not many snakes do that .

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for him. Please let us know how he's doing when you find out.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yikes! Poor kitty . I hope he survives. The fact that he's still alive is a good sign, right? We get rattle snakes around here, in the summer and have had many a dog bitten over the years, a few horses, too. The swelling is unbelievable, poor kitty. We had a vet that rented one of our houses, several years ago, and she told us that if our animal lived through the night their chances of surviving are great. I hope, the kitty makes it.

Parrots

Update.zoltan still on ventilator but as of last night has started breathing on his own but not enough to take off ventilator. Its been touch and go all week and still not out of danger vet bill has topped $8000 so far.3 viles of anti venom at $1300 a vile

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks for the update on Zoltan. Good to hear that he's still hanging in there. Yikes! That's a hefty vet bill. I remember the anti-venom being extraordinarily high for rattle snake bites but not as high as that! I suppose the type of snake makes a difference.

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Hope Zolten keeps getting better. I have seen shows on TV about tiger snakes. They are not a snake I would ever want to meet up with. And to think some people keep them in their collections. I would seriously consider the price of the anti venom before attempting to do that if I were them. And the probability of getting to that serum in time. Kinda like some folks here in the states keep Cobras and anti venom as well for that one time they make a mistake!! Geeez, I don't like to live on the edge that much!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

Zoltann passed away at 625 tonight now over the rainbow bridge RIP Zoltan you will be missed