User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did they do today?

Smile What did they do today?

I thought this would be a lot of fun!

I'm sure our birds all do interesting things every single day, without fail so lets share a story about what one of your birds did, or some of them, or all of them! Feel free to write as much as you want

So far today, Codie has dunked all his wooden bricks in his water bowl and thrown them across the room told me to "shut up" while I was talking on the phone and found great delight in swinging upside down from my curtain swags

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (04-14-2014), kendrafitz (02-20-2014), Mare (04-10-2014), Pinkbirdy (02-21-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Demon bite me on the chin when I tried to take a bit of my lunch. ( I guess he was under the impression it was ALL his). Spirit is busy tearing up the toy I just made him. Paris is hanging upside down screaming at her toy for who knows what and Boomer is muttering. I am sure its about landing in a nut house!
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (02-20-2014), Mare (02-25-2014), Pinkbirdy (02-21-2014)

LOL. Sounds crazy in your house Shelly

6. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (02-21-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

What did they do today?

I left Rosie for a good chunk of the day today. The weather has finally let up and I had errands and a friend to meet for lunch.

Before I went out we showered. She was air drying for a bit in the shower & rocking out to VERY LOUD music when Ashie's teacher called. Unfortunately I answered on my corded desk phone. So I had to explain that the bird was listening to music and I had to put the phone down to go turn down the music so I could hear. Which turned into a whole discussion all while Rosie was serenading us loudly.

Then she had a blow dry session and I put her in her cage to chill while I went out.

When I got home I was rewarded with a hard chomp on my finger. This was bc I wanted to take her right out and not let her throw a tantrum on top of her cage. Then while I was on the phone with the insurance guy about my rings she was yelling...APPLE? Peekaboo! Hello and a garbled version of Cashew. I am sure he was happy to hang up with the crazy woman with a looney zoo on the other end. My boss is now snacking and waiting patiently for me to "cuddle". I'm waiting though bc she may still be annoyed about being denied screaming and flapping on top of her cage. One bleeding finger is enough for me today. Sigh....
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 02-20-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following 6 users like this post:

Honesty (02-20-2014), Mare (02-25-2014), Minamommy (05-03-2014), Pinkbirdy (02-21-2014), ShellyBorg (02-21-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Haha, I don't blame you for waiting a while Kendra! Getting bitten by Codie is bad enough! I can't imagine what it is like to be bitten by that big beak

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-21-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    It actually usually isn't bad. But she was in a snit bc I was gone for a while. Top that with me prying her feet off the cage while she was furiously trying to get to the top. She just went nutty and got too rough while trying to get me to back down.

My fault for not fearing her beak probably. I didn't even notice until minutes later. My hands are so dry and cracked from the cold which makes the skin break easier. No amount of lotion is working this year.
    Rosie & Kendra

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (02-21-2014), ShellyBorg (02-21-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Frankie and Amber just did their typical, no-nonsense day. A little muttering, a little playing, a little eating. Lucy had a quiet day......until she was allowed to come out of her cage this evening. She ran under the buffet and started guarding it like a wet mother hen. I made the mistake of walking by it while she was in beast mode. I now am sporting a nice oozing bruise/sore on my big toe.

14. The following 6 users like this post:

Honesty (02-21-2014), kendrafitz (02-21-2014), Mare (02-25-2014), Pinkbirdy (02-21-2014), ShellyBorg (02-21-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Their are certain birds I can leave on top of their cages [and will stay there ] or so I thought.While we eat dinner. Belly my Ls2 is one of them and she can see us in the door way and we interact with her. Marley [my Eclectus ]has a huge crush on her . To my surprise [and I about fell out of my chair ] was Marley next to Belly. Quite the contrast you know [the white and green ] He came clear across the room to see her . Wendy so funny today with Codie
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (02-27-2014)

LOL, yes he was having a manic day yesterday

Today he is in a very sombre mood. He is just sitting playing with his toys and occasionally stopping to say "hello" to me each time I pass him

18. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (02-21-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    This morning I was asked "whats your name".I thought well I don't think they know [he he ] .Marley the Eclectus climbed up on the mantle to look in the mirror [and was looking at himself and regurgitating] . Disco [my greencheek ] climbed innocently climbed on Harlows [my Macaw] cage to visit her] . Hes so little he makes me nervous. He likes Harlow [and Im thinking are you out of your mind) Harlow was good though[of course it was only a 2 second visit]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

20. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (02-22-2014), Mare (04-10-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)