User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia's Wildlife

Parrots

Punky (Galah), Skittles (Rainbow Lorikeet), Mia (Sun Conure), Max (Green Cheek Conure), Tonks (Cockatiel), Tessa (Cockatiel), Lola (Budgie), Sid (Lovebird), Aussie (Lovebird), Johnny (Lovebird)

Australia's Wildlife

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I went to a local Wildlife Park the other day and thought I'd share some photos

I was really unimpressed with their birds - the corella had a huge aviary but he was by himself and the branch he's sitting on was the only place to perch in the whole thing :/ (a very big branch but it was close to the ground)...
    The sulphur crested too was very friendly, and he got to share his aviary with the major mitchell - but again there was very little in there. 1 branch, 1 swing and the shelf they're sitting on with the destroyed boxes attached...
    I'm very tempted to volunteer at this park simply so that I can try and encourage some sort of enrichment opportunities for the birds...
    Last edited by tonkatiel; 01-19-2014 at 02:18 AM.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (01-19-2014), Honesty (01-19-2014), Maddy (01-19-2014), Turquoise (01-25-2014)

Parrots

Punky (Galah), Skittles (Rainbow Lorikeet), Mia (Sun Conure), Max (Green Cheek Conure), Tonks (Cockatiel), Tessa (Cockatiel), Lola (Budgie), Sid (Lovebird), Aussie (Lovebird), Johnny (Lovebird)
    Emus...

Kangaroos and Wallabies...

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (01-19-2014), Honesty (01-19-2014), Maddy (01-19-2014), Turquoise (01-25-2014)

Parrots

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (01-19-2014), Maddy (01-19-2014), Turquoise (01-25-2014)

Parrots

Dingoes

A wombat trying to sleep...

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Parrots

Some 'non-natives'...

And a wild galah who didn't want to miss out on having his photo taken

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    All of the animals are gorgeous, but I am in love with the Emu.
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

12. The following user likes this post:

tonkatiel (01-19-2014)

I love the emu too That would be great if you could become a volunteer there Emma

14. The following user likes this post:

tonkatiel (01-19-2014)

Parrots

Haha emus actually scare me :/ they had a map of the park, and on there it showed where the 'friendly emus' were - there is no such thing as a friendly emu lol! They'll happily approach you for food - but there is nothing friendly about it! No matter whether you wish to give them food or not, they'll just take it

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Maddy (01-20-2014), Turquoise (01-25-2014)

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Thank you for sharing these photo's that you took at the local Wildlife Park.
    It's almost always great to see cockatoo-photo's! But we do not want to see them in poor conditions.
    Where is "local" for you Tonkatiel?
    Yes I agree with you. These inteligent cockatoos nee compagny and a lot more enrichment-tools to be happy.
    If you go there to volunteer, I hope you can reach your goal to encourage them to get more enrichment oportunities. Keep us informed please!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

18. The following user likes this post:

tonkatiel (01-19-2014)

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Friendly Emus! LOL!

20. The following user likes this post:

tonkatiel (01-19-2014)