User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: My U2 Maxi flying outside!

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello Maddy,

What a sad story about the first 2 years of Jesters life.
    I can imagine he was so stressed about his bad living-conditions that he started to pluck his feathers.
    I just do not understand people like the first owners of Jester.
    Why do they want an intelligent animal like a Cockatoo and then do not give it the care it needs.
    Even worse, in my opinion this was pure neglect and animal-abuse. Poor Jester.
    Luckely he was surrendered to that rescue and fosterd by your friend and then adopted by you.
    When did you adopt Jester?
    Fingers crossed indeed all his feathers grow back but the damage to the folikels (there where the feathers start to grow)
    can be so large that there will never develop any new feathers there.
    That might be the case at Jesters legs.

Maddy, how can I look at photo-albums from you and from other Precisely Parrot-members? I do not know how to do that yet!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

Hi Rita.

If you would like to look through a members album, just click on the members name and you will see it says "view profile" Once you are in their profile page, scroll down until you see "Albums" You will then be able to see all their pics

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Thank you for explaining this to me Wendy.
    Now I for sure will take a look at photo-albums of other PP-members!

Rita

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Thank you for explaining this to me Wendy.
    Now I for sure will take a look at photo-albums of other PP-members!

Rita
    You are welcome Rita

Parrots

Thanks Wendy.

I've just sighned in at "Photobucket" and created my first two albums there.
    How can I add photo's from there "full-size" in posts at Precisely Parrots now?
    I didn't like my photos showed up only as little thumbnails in my PP-posts ant threads when I uploaded them from my computer or the PP photo-album.

Rita

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Hello Maddy,

What a sad story about the first 2 years of Jesters life.
    I can imagine he was so stressed about his bad living-conditions that he started to pluck his feathers.
    I just do not understand people like the first owners of Jester.
    Why do they want an intelligent animal like a Cockatoo and then do not give it the care it needs.
    Even worse, in my opinion this was pure neglect and animal-abuse. Poor Jester.
    Luckely he was surrendered to that rescue and fosterd by your friend and then adopted by you.
    When did you adopt Jester?
    Fingers crossed indeed all his feathers grow back but the damage to the folikels (there where the feathers start to grow)
    can be so large that there will never develop any new feathers there.
    That might be the case at Jesters legs.

Maddy, how can I look at photo-albums from you and from other Precisely Parrot-members? I do not know how to do that yet!

Rita
    Actually, Jester is 16 years old. I can tell you his history before he was locked in his cage. He had two comes before coming to live with me. We don't know much about his first home, except for that it was with a woman and he lived there for about 5 years. He was then lived with the couple for 11 years, we think. We know at some point, the couples brother in law moved in with them, and Jester bonded with the brother in law. But after awhile, the brother in law moved out, and took Jester's heart with him. Jester got very upset and angry, and we believe he was not being nice to them anymore. That's when they locked him in the cage, and didn't take him out.

This was his cage, and all his toys. He didn't have that nice dragon wood perch in it, my friend added that while he was waiting to get a nice cage for Jester.

I adopted him in April last year. At first, we didn't think we were going to be able to get him because he was going to be adopted by someone else. However, about two weeks later I got a message from my friend, saying that Jester's adoption had fallen through, and I was able to adopt him. I started shaking and crying, because I was so very happy. A few days later, we picked him up.
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-20-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi Rita! Maxi is such a beauty and she's obviously loving her time flying! I too, have a U2 that loves to fly outdoors and he loves every minute of it .

Maddy, your Jester is the luckiest bird in the world to have found his way to you!

9. The following user likes this post:

Maddy (01-21-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Thank you, Mare! I am so lucky to be his momma.

Rita, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thanks Wendy.

I've just sighned in at "Photobucket" and created my first two albums there.
    How can I add photo's from there "full-size" in posts at Precisely Parrots now?
    I didn't like my photos showed up only as little thumbnails in my PP-posts ant threads when I uploaded them from my computer or the PP photo-album.

Rita
    When you go to the page of one of the photos you uploaded, there should see a box that says "Links to Share this Photo". Under it, there are four codes. You want the one that says IMG. Click it, and copy it. Then paste the code into your post here. Your photo should show up when you post.

Here is a screen shot of one of my photo pages. You want to copy the code I circled in red.

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    Great video Rita, i love seeing people letting there too's outside, im lucky enough to have them here in the wild every day, flocks of too's, up until my maxx (eclectus) went on a 7 week adventure in the wild , i too free flew him and lexx(his mate) been to scared to let him outside since then but he will get back to it i just need to re train him, and me lol.