User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My finned friends

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Fabulous!! We did have a reef in this tank, we had moved it here when we bought the house. We had issues with mojanoes, got rid of them with a raccoon butterfly, but then it was difficult to get it back to what it once was.eta: I also got acro eating flatworms It also cost a fortune in electric and maintenance. It took me over a year to convince Troy I could put together a nice fw tank, that would be WAY cheaper. I miss keeping the reef sometimes though. I can get some pics..brb.
    Last edited by keepsmiling; 04-20-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    This was our original 75

and this is the tank the goldfish are in now, when we first moved here in 06'

3. The following 4 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Blackhawk007 (04-24-2013), roxynoodle (04-20-2013), Wendy K. (04-20-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Fabulous!! We did have a reef in this tank, we had moved it here when we bought the house. We had issues with mojanoes, got rid of them with a raccoon butterfly, but then it was difficult to get it back to what it once was. It also cost a fortune in electric and maintenance. It took me over a year to convince Troy I could put together a nice fw tank, that would be WAY cheaper. I miss keeping the reef sometimes though. I can get some pics..brb.
    THAT was the reason I parted with it. And I never even used MH, I ran my system solely on T5s. But all the pumps, plus 8X80Watts of T5s still ran up the electric bill significantly. I was sick and tired of hearing my DH complain...so I parted with the entire system and ....got NIKO instead, m B&G.

5. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), keepsmiling (04-20-2013), roxynoodle (04-20-2013)

Parrots

Love it!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-20-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    OMG your reef was GORGEOUS, Carole!!!! I, too, started off with a 75 gallon. My DH told me I "couldn't do a reef", meaning he thought I was not able to do it. WELLLLL....I have a thing for being told what I can and can't do, so I proved him wrong.

Let me see if I still have pics of my 75...

...so from there I upgraded to the 180 gallon....and our electric bill went ballistic.

9. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013), roxynoodle (04-20-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Both of those reef tanks were amazing!

I'd rather have a mac, too, though, Wendy, lol!

11. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-20-2013)

Parrots

Wow..you had some gorgeous corals..love the pink birdsnest!
    here are some favorite shots

13. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

refugium

I also had this little nano for years...

one of my favorite critters

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Parrots

I got carried away and started doing all sorts of freshwater planted tanks...I had tanks everywhere!:th_oops2:

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Parrots

19. The following 3 users like this post: