User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    I was thinking of Debbie Huckabee as a 1st choice , I had heard that she was retiring and talking to someone else about running BOP?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I have no big bird experience so will leave any advice up to others. Best of luck to you and the bird. http://www.parrotrefuge.com/aboutus.html

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I don't have any advice.

I just wanted to say I think you are doing an awesome thing! That poor scarlet finally caught a break when you read her ad. People like you make the world a better place!!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I agree, you are doing something wonderful here by making sure she gets into the right place and proper care. It goes to show, even though we can't help all these poor birds and take them into our own homes, we can at least try to find them a better place to live. Kudos!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15_16.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	1984
    Well, Scarlet has been with us now about 2 months. She is blind in both eyes, deaf, a lot older than we were led to believe, full of papillomas, and she has 2 BBs lodged in her right leg from a long time ago. None of that matters to me, she is safe now. She has been to the vet several times so we can get a handle on what she needs, her blood work actually came back pretty good, all things considered. We announce ourselves by tapping on her perch to let her know we are there, tapping on the food and water dishes when we refill them. She has discovered the joy of destroying wood and eating nuts in the shell. She is being indulged with nuts since she was only 730g when we got her. She will probably never be a cuddly bird, but that was not part of my thought process when I got her anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19_20.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	1985

6. The following 6 users like this post:

Debra (03-10-2014), Honesty (03-11-2014), kendrafitz (03-11-2014), Mare (03-11-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-11-2014), Turquoise (03-12-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    What a lucky bird! You have a good heart for taking her in. Does she live on this perch full time or does she have a cage also?

Parrots

I had a new dragonwood stand custom built for her needs. The thing is almost as big as my dining room table. She prefers to stay out on it, though her cage is always accessible if she ever wants to go in. She is just now exploring her boing. I'm hoping to set up a cargo net for her this weekend

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-10-2014), Turquoise (03-12-2014)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    You have a very interesting situation. I've never known anyone who has cared for a bird who is both blind and deaf. You are certainly to be commended for taking her in! Does anyone know how she became blind and deaf? Since you've stated that she was a breeder, I wouldn't think it a genetic defect.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-11-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm curious as to how she moves around?! Does she stumble a lot? I just imagine myself being blind and deaf,,especially bold like Helen Keller! Is she like this?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    WONDERFUL !!! Things look like theyre going to turn out great [ and you will learn the magic of Macaws and be hooked]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg