User Tag List

Thread: Greenwing in NJ

Threaded View

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Greenwing in NJ

Today I came across an exotic bird store in Shrewsbury, NJ pretty much by accident. It is about 45 minutes from us and we were in the area to shop at the L&T outlet. I noticed in the adjacent strip mall a store called Bird Jungle and of course I had to check it out.

The first guy I saw was a sweet GW. I asked the owner about him and it turns out he is a 15 year old GW named George. His family lost their home in Hurricane Sandy. Since they originally purchased him there, they returned him to find a new home.

He is very sweet and loves women. He lived with children, does a great Stevie Wonder impression, blows kisses & talks a bit. He cuddled with me for about 1/2 hour, giving kisses and tried to regurgitate. The store owner wants him to go to a home with large mac experience (so he will be in his forever home and not returned). The price is $800, the store owner just wants him to find a loving home.

I figured I would post this in case someone nearby is looking for a new fid for their flock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 12-31-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (12-31-2013), plax (12-31-2013), spiritbird (12-31-2013), Turquoise (12-31-2013)