User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: maxx is back

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I remember seeing a PBS Nature program, awhile back, and as I recall, the wild female eclectus will allow several males to cater to her needs. I don't believe she is choosy when it comes to who wants to be the provider for her clutch. Do you find this true with your bunch, Steve?

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    no not at all, and in the wild the female may have up to 4 males feeding the clutch but there will only be one mate,lexx gets funny with any others coming near her or the clutch bar maxx, i was hoping she would allow Jerry to help with the feeding of the clutch when maxx left, but she wouldnt have a bar of it and so i lost 3 chicks.now im worried they may never breed again.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Oh, no,, I'm so sorry to hear this. Time will tell but hopefully everything gets back to normal. Is Maxx restless, as in, wanting to get back outside?

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I hope you get everything worked out ok with Maxx and Lexxi. Maybe with some time things will improve. Keep us posted and good luck!!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Merlin & Charlie the Senegals, Brucie & Lucie the Budgies!
    So sorry about your chicks, but I'm happy you've got Maxx home. I'm sure given the time they'll swing back into their old routines and things. Maxx has had a real taste of wilderness now though, think he wants it?

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    Mare all he wants is to get out and fly, but im not letting him back out as he now knows he can fly to far as before he never left the property, now im scared he will just keep flying, i am doing re-call training with Jerry ATM and that is working out great, so in a month or so i may start letting them free fly as long as his training works out. maxx was so much happier when aloud to free fly. not that he is not happy now .

Nobility Member

Parrots

Mi Amigo sure craves it, Cat. He is allowed outside almost daily so this is understandable, for him. I hope, for Maxx's sake, that he adjusts to being back home with his missus!

Parrots

so do i , but it seems lexx is the one causing the problem atm. she wont even let him eat with her, she cases him away from food while she eat's, you know if maxx didn't speak 3 languishes,i would say the way she is acting it wasn't maxx, but i doubt very much there is another male eckkie around here that speaks in,English, Hungrian, and Japanese
    Last edited by coltfire; 12-14-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Never underestimate the wrath of a woman (or hen) scorned!

Hope everything gets back to normal soon!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Never underestimate the wrath of a woman (or hen) scorned!

Hope everything gets back to normal soon!
    i made that mistake once never again , once bitten twice shy, i learnt the 1st time lol

11. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (12-14-2013)