User Tag List

Thread: Regurgitating

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D

Regurgitating

I have never worked with a bird who wanted to regurgitate as much as Paris. She does it in her cage when I reach in to give head scratches,through the bars, sitting on her perch when I walk by , with in a minute of any interaction she is head pumping. Do I need to worry about this? As soon as she does it and manages to get it on/near me she is good for the rest of the day. If I keep walking away and not letting her she gets almost desperate. Should I just let her do it in the morning and be done with it for the day?
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Good question. Harlow goes through times she wants to do this to me. I guess I don't think about it and try to divert her attention to something else. Maybe Paris is just really happy and excited with you.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

3. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (10-15-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Take it as a compliment?

5. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (10-15-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    She is so happy to hang with me, I just don't want to get something started that could be a issue down the line. It seems once she does it she is done. Its only when I keep interrupting her that she keeps it up. Everything I read says to politely change the subject...
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Shelly - Savannah does this a lot. I just try to ignore it or distract her. I was once told that when a macaw is heavily bonded to you, this is very normal behavior. I was concerned she was doing it so much until Justin (jtbird) told me it was perfectly normal behavior for a macaw bonded to it's human!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

8. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (10-19-2013)