User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Bird Room!

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    That is an awesome looking room your birds will have soon Blanca!! Love the idea of them having their own room & more space for you all.

I must say at first when I read your explanation of your hubby's bachelor party friends tearing out the wall and you said they were full of "bat poop" I thought you meant his friends were like plastered from drinking. I had to reread it twice more for it to sink in you really meant "Bat Poop!!"
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-28-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is too funny De'Andrea! I have to say, he has pretty good friend who were willing to do this. But yes, they really did find bat poop in the walls!! We actually still have a bat problem in one of our attics. I don't go in there, I call it the bat cave! LOL!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (09-28-2013)

That is a great room for them!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks Debra!

Stayed up to 11pm last night painting the bird room. I didn't do a lot of prep to the walls as this is an old house and birds, that can be destructive, will be staying in there. But I think it turned out nice. It was still wet in some spots when I took these photos last night. What do you guys think of the color?

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-29-2013), Turquoise (09-28-2013)

Looks fantastic!

9. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-28-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I LOVE the color!! Such a beautiful room, good job! Gives the feeling of a jungle. Are you concerned, at all, with the birds chewing on it? My cockatoos would have that remodel remodeled in no time!

11. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-28-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Very nice job, Blanca! Looks very nice
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

13. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-28-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I LOVE the color!! Such a beautiful room, good job! Gives the feeling of a jungle. Are you concerned, at all, with the birds chewing on it? My cockatoos would have that remodel remodeled in no time!
    Glad you like it. On another forum a poster commented it reminded her of bird poop! I did comment back and said "At least it would blend in." LOL! I like the color and you nailed it on the head Mare, I was thinking jungle! I'm not worried about them chewing on it. They are old walls. LOL! Paint is cheap if I have to do touch ups. I actually have a spot now where Quincy chewed my wall in the dinning room. Once his cage is moved, I'm hanging a picture there. That'll fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Very nice job, Blanca! Looks very nice
    Thanks Tony! Now onto the accessories! LOL!

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    On another forum a poster commented it reminded her of bird poop!
    It would be hard to argue against that as poop goes, parrot poop probably possesses the most pleasant color. I'm not saying, mind you, that I enjoy looking at the poop of any species. But parrot poop could be far worse than it in fact is, appearance wise, aroma wise, and drying time wise. Personally, I think it's one of the least offensive animal poops. That's my 'for what it's worth' for the day
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

16. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-28-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    It would be hard to argue against that as poop goes, parrot poop probably possesses the most pleasant color. I'm not saying, mind you, that I enjoy looking at the poop of any species. But parrot poop could be far worse than it in fact is, appearance wise, aroma wise, and drying time wise. Personally, I think it's one of the least offensive animal poops. That's my 'for what it's worth' for the day
    I would have to agree with you Tony! I never thought of it before, but you are right. LOL! Thank you for making an otherwise negative comment a little more positive.

18. The following user likes this post:

plax (09-28-2013)