User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's A Girl & She's Healthy!

I am so peased for you Blanca. You dont have long to wait. The time will go so quickly now

2. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-14-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    I was wondering about the reason for the long wait also. Sweet they want MIL to see her one last time, but what if the dear lady lives another 6 to 10 years? Will you have to 'farm' Coqui out each year to keep MIL happy? I know, I am just being funny, not really expecting you will be required to do something so extreme.

That is a bitter~sweet story about Coqui. I say that because she didn't have a terrible life in Puerto Rico, but it wasn't the best for a parrot either. Then if you think about it, you would never have gotten the chance to be Coqui's forever parront if the MIL had been a better parront or if Linda had been a bird person. I am just glad you & Coqui found each other & she will be yours in a matter of weeks/days!!
    LOL! I hope that won't be a stipulations! The MIL is 94 and they are having a harder and harder time convincing her to come visit. So this may be her last visit to the states.

I agree, it is bitter sweet for little Coqui girl. It really wasn't the ideal situation for poor Coqui in Puerto Rico, it's too bad it didn't work out with MIL or Linda, but I'm not complaining and am happy to make her part of my flock! I am definitely looking forward to giving her a more enriched environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
    I am so peased for you Blanca. You dont have long to wait. The time will go so quickly now
    I think you are right Wendy. With the Linnies coming in about a week, I will be busy settling them in. Then it will be Coqui's turn!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    the flock is growing.

5. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-14-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I know you must be on pins and needles with this waiting. At least you have an end point now. Cannot wait to see photos of her.

7. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-14-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Steve - Yes! By leaps and bounds!

Dianne - Definitely on pins and needles, but luckily I have other things distracting me at the moment. Which is helping the time go by quickly!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield