User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quincy's Dog Days Are Fixed!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

Cool Quincy's Dog Days Are Fixed!

Ok, so he still loves shoes but I have found the perfect solution! Baby shoes! Went to the thrift store and bought him some baby sneakers for him to chomp on. Threw them in the wash and 10 minutes later he was chewing it to bits! He loves them! He never ingests any of the shoe material, just loves to tear them apart! Here is a pic of his new favorite toy!

I took these about a week ago. I will have to add a pic of what the poor shoe looks like now! It's not pretty! LOL!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (09-08-2013), Turquoise (09-12-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Love his stand Blanca Cute idea with the shoe.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-09-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    so what size shoe was that, if they dont last a week i would be taking them back and showing them and asking for a discount on the discounted shoes, great looking stand you have there for him

6. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-09-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks Terri & Steve!

LOL! Luckily the shoe come in pairs! That particular pair only cost me $.99. Pretty cheap bird toy! I will have to take pics of what the shoe looks like now. He has pulverized it! LOL!

I built this play stand way back in May. Here is the thread I posted them in if you want to see more pics. Savannah's has been totally revamped since these pictures with an all wood perch top. But Quincy's hasn't changed much. You can see the changes to Savannah's on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.preciselyparrots.com/show...ms-I-just-made!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Ok, here is the shoe after about a week...

Front

Back

Side

9. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (09-12-2013)

But, Mooooommm, there's still good chewing to be done on this!

11. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-10-2013)

Parrots

LOL! I suppose there is! I've replaced it with the other one from the pair. But will put this one on one of his other play gyms!

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    and i thought i kid went through shoe's lol, that's one shoe just about gone, but by the looks of it , he has a lot of fun destroying it, do you cut the soles off or does he rip them off.

Parrots

He chews them to bits! The first day I found the sole in a million pieces on the bottom of his cage!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Parrots

ohhhhhhhhhhh what a mess,