User Tag List

Thread: Eclectus nesting Material?

Parrots

Two Solomon Island Eclectus pairs.

Eclectus nesting Material?

What is the best nesting material for Eclectus? I have heard not to use cedar and not to use pine, but that is most of the wood chips sold in the stores.

I used Aspen when I bred cockatiels.

Welcome to the forum! We'd love to hear more about your ekkies and we love pictures!

Welcome to the forum Gartina

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    welcome to the forum i buy the guinpig/rabbit wood shavings, for my eckkies

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    I have used the paper pulp products.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    can not use the paper pulp for eckkie's the chicks will swallow it,and will not be a nice out come if they do, stay with wood chips,

7. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (08-14-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Thanks Colt
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Welcome to the forum!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Welcome to the forum Gartina. I don't breed birds so I would not know. Would love to see your birds and chicks if you already have babies.

I do have a female Solomon Island Eclectus. Miss Leyla Belle, she is the 'Diva' of my flock! She is totally rotten, but I love her dearly & she is my best talker of all my birds.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

Two Solomon Island Eclectus pairs.

Red face Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your help! I have some nice pictures but I haven't been able to get them to upload. Still working on that!