User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary

Smile

Now I am drooling. The tree peonies I had up north were chinese tree peonies Gorgeous flowers but you practically have to stand on your head to see them as they hang upside down. I also love roses , however down here I have made it a point to try not to plant things with thorns. Bouganvilla vines are gorgeous but the thorns are awful. Hubby can't seem to go out in the yard to mow the grass or work on something without coming in bleeding and dripping. He is on blood thinners so the only things left with thorns are three dwarf ponciannas, and my bromeliads have some nasty thorns but they at least aren't where he is mowing.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by aliray View Post
    Anyway glad to be here and Tony I need my Salsa fix please
    I'll see what I can do once I get better caught up with things, Alison

3. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-17-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliray View Post
    Now I am drooling. The tree peonies I had up north were chinese tree peonies Gorgeous flowers but you practically have to stand on your head to see them as they hang upside down. I also love roses , however down here I have made it a point to try not to plant things with thorns. Bouganvilla vines are gorgeous but the thorns are awful. Hubby can't seem to go out in the yard to mow the grass or work on something without coming in bleeding and dripping. He is on blood thinners so the only things left with thorns are three dwarf ponciannas, and my bromeliads have some nasty thorns but they at least aren't where he is mowing.
    I'll make sure and take pictures this year when my tree peonies are in full bloom, Alison. (AND I'll take pics of the herbaceous ones, too) As enormous as the flowers are, they hold up fairly well and upright for me, unless we get a heavy downpour. I didn't mean to, but I giggled about your description of your husband coming in bleeding after cutting the grass from the Bouganvilla's MASSIVE thorns. Each year, when I prune my roses in the spring, I look like I was in a cat fight afterwards. I have one rose in particular, "Teasing Georgia", which my mother in law bought for me 5 years ago for around $3.00 as it was on the "death rack" that has come back with SUCH a vengance, and is SO thorny, I would love to have a coat of armor to prune just that one.

They sell Bouganvillas here, too, but NEVER warn customers that it won't survive our winters.

5. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-17-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Hello and Welcome! Another Floridian here. I have never heard of Rotonda.

7. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-17-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    Alison, I have another picture for a fellow Tree Peony lover.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-17-2013), roxynoodle (04-17-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Hello and Welcome! Another Floridian here. I have never heard of Rotonda.
    Hi carole Rotonda West is located on the cape haze peninsular As the crow flies we are one mile form the Gulf of Mexico 86 miles south of Tampa, And 68 miles north of Fort Meyers. Rotonda West is a huge deed restricted community with our own zipcode. It is supposed to be the largest one in the country. We are located in Charlotte county.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy K. View Post
    Alison, I have another picture for a fellow Tree Peony lover.

That is so pretty Thanks for the picture. I used to grow a small bouganvilla as a house plant up north.

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    YAY, I was hoping you were here, Allison!! Nice to see a familiar face, so to speak.