User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting Experience

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    On the other hand, may be the house is not the biggest. Maybe they don't make a lot of money. I know of a gal who lives in a 25" older travel trailer, she does not make a lot of money and really wanted to adopt a parrot from a shelter. They turned her down at 3 different centers. She ended up saving and buying a young bird from a breeder. Her amazon is one of the healthiest and happiest birds I have ever seen. She had to remove a closet to fit the cage in her trailer and as she can not afford new toys she makes toys every chance she has. This bird is her life. She cooks dinner around what the bird needs and feeds a mix of different pellets. At the birds bed time she retreats to the back area and uses head phones to walk her shows of listens to music. ANY bird would have been lucky to have her. It makes me mad that the centers did not sit down and really talk to her. They looked at her home and check book and wrote her off.
    I think if the person has a passion and is willing to learn and do what is needed, house and money should not be a issue. I would be far happier knowing rescue birds where in the hands of poor passionate people, who would do anything for there pet, then some one who can afford the best, but the bird was just a novelty that wears off.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

2. The following 3 users like this post:

coltfire (07-10-2013), Mare (07-13-2013), Turquoise (07-10-2013)