User Tag List

Thread: new bird who dis?

Parrots

dewey, green cheek conure

new bird who dis?

hi im lani, my parrot dewey is a green cheek conure, he a little over 4 years old and I've had him since he was 6 mths, he is the biggest baby in the world and loves me to pieces, he was he meanest bird at the pet shop I had got him from, it was a big work in progress but Ive gotten him to be my sweet baby he is today. i mostly plan on using this platform to look up health questions about my bird as i get very worried about his health a lot and want to provide him the best life possible.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-02-2023), PlaxMacaws (12-03-2023)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Lani - Welcome to the forum. It's good to hear that you've made great progress with Dewey. As you've found, it can often require persistence and patience to win the trust of and forge a meaningful bond with a parrot. I have a Nanday Conure named Bozley who belonged to my deceased mother. When she passed away in 2019, I adopted him. He was neither sure about me nor his new living situation at first. But we are great friends now. It sounds like you have an amazing relationship with Dewey. That's so nice
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-02-2023)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Lani…welcome. I have two conures. Both are a bucket of fun. Sounds like you are already on your way to having a great relationship with Dewey…great name! Please feel free to ask questions and we will help if we can.

6. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (12-03-2023)