User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So This Happened Yesterday...

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I never would've believed it... Kendra lying on the bathroom floor getting repeatedly pecked in the eye by a chicken (and without a great deal of objection). Amazing!

Glad they're doing well
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-02-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Mare (09-03-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Ha! She is no different from everyone else in my house. Bossing me around and letting me have it when I annoy them. Sigh.

I come off tough, but once you have my heart you can run all over me.

You should see what Rosie does to me on a daily basis! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-02-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-02-2017), Mare (09-03-2017), plax (09-02-2017), Quakerella (09-03-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wow they surely appear fully grown! I had a hard time seeing her peck toward your eyes, I was cringing and holding my hand up to my left eye. Goodness your brave.
    I'm glad to hear they are at their forever home. It's great that you can visit with them because they are so close. So now what will they be doing for their owners? Providing fresh eggs I assume. Will they breed them too?

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-02-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I would find it very hard to part with them after raising them. Do they recognize/come to you when you visit them?

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (09-02-2017)

Parrots

So This Happened Yesterday...

I guess living with Rosie has desensitized me to being pecked. She pinches my neck all day. She also pinches my cheek when she gets excited and is kissing me. So compared to that beak, the chicks are nothing. Lol

Here are 3 of the girls in the coop a week or so ago. They brought Rosie's old sand perch with them. They are actually much bigger now, it is crazy how fast they are growing.

They are living with one of my closest friends. The plan is to use them as egglayers along with the other 4 they got from some other friends. No plans for breeding. We are hoping all 8 are girls. Although one of the Americuana chickens is cock a doodle dooing several times a day.

They come running full speed as soon as I get near their free range area door. Then they follow me around, chatting. So cute. The fact that I bring yummy things to eat doesn't hurt either. My friend says they are very social and run to the door anytime she goes to visit them. Her other 4 are the opposite. They run and hide in the corner. But they will come over to get treats as well. From what I have read Speckled Sussex Chickens are super friendly, calm and curious.

I am currently making plans to redo their ranging area. I will be making grass and herb boxes and then we will figure what we are going to do with the ground in between.

It was hard letting them go. But when the hawk attacked it scared me. They are much better where they are. The plan is for me to help with them so I will see them several times a week at least.

Last edited by kendrafitz; 09-02-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-02-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-02-2017), Lady (09-03-2017), Mare (09-03-2017), plax (09-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    They grew so quickly.

I have to admit I was laughing quite hard watching the video. I was a little concerned about the eye, but you seemed to have it all under control.

You did wonderful with these little ones and they will probably never forget you.

12. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-03-2017), kendrafitz (09-03-2017), Lady (09-03-2017), Mare (09-03-2017), plax (09-03-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    So darn PRECIOUS!! Chickens are special, as are turkeys. Such a wonderful experience you've had! I'm actually thinking about raising a chicken or turkey as a pet, come springtime.

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-03-2017), kendrafitz (09-03-2017), plax (09-03-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    So darn PRECIOUS!! Chickens are special, as are turkeys. Such a wonderful experience you've had! I'm actually thinking about raising a chicken or turkey as a pet, come springtime.
    Mare, I saw your post on FB. I have been telling everyone that turkeys like hugs today. I had no clue. Just so cool.

If you are thinking chickens, the Silkies are supposed to be awesome pets. Mine are Speckled Sussex and they are great but they get big. The Silkies are smaller, so soft and super sweet!

Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-03-2017), Mare (09-03-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yeah, Kendra, turkeys are awesome! Did you see that post of the pet chicken that joined his person on a private sailboat cruise halfway around the world? I keep hearing about what great pets they make...the only thing holding back is I know how much and how often they poop!

18. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-03-2017), kendrafitz (09-03-2017), Quakerella (09-04-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    A friend of ours used to have peacocks but was 'persuaded' by the rest of the village to have them rehomed as they were regularly crossing the road into the churchyard and messing up all the floral arrangements.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017), kendrafitz (09-03-2017), Mare (09-03-2017), Quakerella (09-04-2017)