User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foraging ideas!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Yeah, De', it can be tricky getting the p-nut butter into the straw but oh, so, rewarding to see them enjoying the mystery of getting it out!

Here is a good on with plastic bottles. I cut a few holes in the sides and stuff them with their favorite goodies along with the shredded paper. I also use Chinese takeout boxes and stuff those with shredded paper, and treats. Cut a small hole in the side and watch them have fun.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2
    Attachments Attachments uploadfromtaptalk1374100410370.jpg  

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Debra (07-18-2013), Mare (08-19-2014), Turquoise (07-18-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Neat idea Jessica [Ive never tried that] What kind of birds do you have ?

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    That is a great idea Jessica! I have seen where some give their birds empty plastic bottles, but not filled with goodies.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to chime in and let you know you can find recipes for almond butter or even cashew butter on U tube. I would suppose we could use just about any kind of nut. The human stuff called nutella is a hazel nut spread so why not any kind of nut your baby likes?

Now a question about the plastic bottles....I am a bit nervous to try them b/c I am worried if they could end up with sharp edges. How large should the holes be?

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-20-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi Alice! I would think that for a macaw you would want the hole big enough that she could get her beak part way in, not so big that her head would fit in, although..i know my cockatoos would definitely make the hole big enough to get their whole selves in!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Hi Mare~
    Thanks, I was worried that she might cut or scrape her tongue going in the bottle, but if I try it I think I will just have to be in front of her and keep a close watch.

Nobility Member

Parrots

You'll be amazed at how they keep themselves from being hurt. I think they use their tongues as feelers. The first thing my birds do when investigating something new is, touch it with their tongue. Keeping a good watch is safest, for sure

Super Moderator

Parrots

Good to know, thank you again. I'm feeling better about it already

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-20-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Okay one more question.... what do you use to get the glue off from the label? I am thinking this just might be a good place to cut to get the glue from there?

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-20-2014)