User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foraging ideas!

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I used to wrap nutriberries in unbleached coffee filters. I think everyone knows about that one. Small uncoated baskets are inexpensive and birds seem to love it when they are filled with fun things. Nice thread!
    thanks! the coffee filters are a good old idea that never fails with cooper . I like the basket idea. ill look for one at the craft store next time. good idea!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (06-15-2013), spiritbird (06-14-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sassy's previous owner told me this one that she would do for Sassy. Take a straw and cut it into thirds then use your imagination as to how to fill them with unsalted, p-nut butter, scotch tape them together into a bundle. Sassy will spend an hour getting the p-nut butter out, she LOVES it!

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    hey about time we got a new idea! that's a good one! and cooper loves peanuts, so why not peanut butter! do you put it in the straws, or in the bundles of straws with the straws wrapped around it. haha

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)
    I posted a few pics of my wicker toys I've been making for Meiko and he knows I hide Nutriberries in the balls!!! Makes it even better to chew through if he gets a treat out of it!!

Also, I've done the straw thing where I put little nuts in the ends of them.

Another good one is toilet paper rolls... I fill them with shredded paper and poke a lot of holes in it. Then I put Nutriberries in the middle and maybe some dried fruit and "sew" the ends shut with natural jute or sisal. Either hang it or might be a good foot toy for the bigger guys. If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Here's the toys I was talking about!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373606259.690729.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1016

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-06-2014)

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    the wicker balls are always good to hide treats in

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Not to much peanut butter! Its a great way to end up with a fat little quaker! LOL
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    haha I know he doesn't get many regular peanuts. so not much peanut butter either.

10. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (07-12-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sassy doesn't get that too often but she sure does love it! Kenny, if the p-nut butter is hard you can take the straw and punch the end into it and the straw will slowly fill up. If the p-nut butter is soft, I'll push the straw a little ways into the p-butter and suck through the other end till I fill the straw. If you can fill the straw up before cutting it into thirds, it's a little easier. She has learned to squeeze them like a toothpaste tube!
    Last edited by Mare; 07-12-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Neat ideas guys! Mine like peanut butter, but it isn't one of their favorites. I never thought of sticking straws in it & sucking it up. I'd have to not put it in the fridge to try that one. I can just see me trying to suck up cold p-nut butter til I passed out from hyperventilating! I am not a fan of eating p-nut butter or peanuts, so I don't use it too often for my fiddies either.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

CAGs, Quaker. Poicephalus, Budgies, Parrotlet
    There are two free books on Parrot Enrichment. Full of ideas.