User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foraging ideas!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Holy Moly, Alice! That is the question of the year! . I just went through that one with some new plastic cups I bought. For the life of me, I don't know why labels are put on something, something you obviously don't want there after you buy it, and use this SUPER glue to attach it! (Vent over). I soak the item in very hot water with a splash of dish soap. It will soften things up to where you can rub it off.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well Mare you certainly are quite helpful, Thank you! I guess I will be getting one of those in the sink tubs, seems more and more I need it!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I went to Petsmart and family dollar the other day and found some cheap useable things for Lady to use for foraging as well as climbing....take a look...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00347.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	2284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00346.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	2285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00329.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2286
    The purple and green soft rubber toys are something for dogs but I figured I could stuff them with treats for her as well.
    As you can hopefully see I already attached them to some already used home made toys. The syringe I picked up for a just in case to add to her emergency kit. And the spoons I was thinking about drilling a hole in the top and just hang them on her playtop for her maybe with some raffia or something. The rope toys I used on the side of her cage so she can climb out onto the area I sit when she wants to come and visit. Seems to be working out pretty good.

Parrots

White Faced Cockatiel - Riley. Heavy Pied Cockatiel - Carolina
    I make dig boxes. Riley's current one is a box from a case of those cup of noodle soups. I sprinkle a little seed on the bottom there's a toilet paper roll in there a long with some wooden q-tips a few 1inch squares of her rainbow shredders and a premade foraging box with shredded paper in it. She just jumps in there (if I leave her on her cage) and will play for a few minutes before flying. If she's already flown a bit she will play for up to an hour in her box. She can jump in and out of it as she pleases and even chews on the box its self.