User Tag List

Thread: major progress with bruno

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009

Wink major progress with bruno

when i first bought bruno home in February he was very hand shy and skittish. he would step up on command and give you a kiss but that was all. If it even looked to him like you were going to do anything different he would lunge at your hand. After a cple of weeks, if prince was perched on your shoulder or chair back bruno would join him, just as long as you didnt make any subtle movements. i thought that was great, small progress, but progress none the less.

Then he escaped he was gone for 2 weeks and on his return to me he had reverted to worse then when i first got him. only occasionally stepping and hesitant to give kisses, but those days are far behind now.

In the last week or so Bruno has become a totally new bird and im so proud of him.

Now even without prince he will come sit with me on the lounge, climb up onto my head and preen my hair. Climb down and play games on my lap and chair, one i think is cute, but not the biggest fan of is, he will sit on my foot rest of the recliner and try nibble on my toes. he is very gentle when he does this but it seriously tickles he is now hapoy to allow me to pat his tail, i am slowly working on him allowing me to give him head scritches. i am moving very slowly, and instead of lunging at my fingers, he will just move away. i can now get my hand withing an inch of his head before he does this.

I am so proud of how far he has come in the short time he has been with me and i can only see things getting alot better in the future.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is great news! I am so glad to hear things are going well with Bruno. That must have been scary to lose him for 2 weeks. Thank goodness you got him back! Love the feet tickling story. So cute!

Again, progress!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

3. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Great ,things are progressing Its weird what time does for birds . I had written off My Macaw Harlow doing anything but with me .Now she loves going to each of my family members [and that's something she did on her own] Your lucky hes gently with your feet Im not so lucky at my house LOL

5. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    thankfully all my flock are gentle. considering how far he has come in such a short period, im excited to see what will be like in a year.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 06-09-2013 at 08:49 AM.

This is great news Amanda. I am so pleased that things are going well

8. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    That is awesome Amanda. It is always such a wonderful feeling when they start coming around and you feel all your hard work is paying off.

Same here at my house, if any of them find my toes they are not gentle at all.

I removed your double post on your last entry for you Amanda. I have been having a lot of trouble with my internet doing the same thing to many of my posts in the last week. It can be annoying at times when I am in a hurry and I don't catch the double post.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

10. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    well done Gem,slow and steady wins the race , and as always im only a phone call away.

12. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by coltfire View Post
    well done Gem,slow and steady wins the race , and as always im only a phone call away.
    thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coltfire View Post
    thank you