User Tag List

Thread: my cute clipped darling

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009

Cool my cute clipped darling

as most of you know, and for those that do not Prince and Bruno are fully flighted but my poor baby oxy is clipped . i had planned on keeping oxy flighted but after his second escape, on his return it was straight to the vets for a check up and regrettfully a good clip (at the time he was my only bird).
    well its been over 5months since then and still very limited flight for my darling and i feel terrible because prince and bruno fly so beautifully. im not here to beat myself up for a poor paniced decision but to tell you how he makes me suffer for it..... its really cute.

so i have 2 cages and a play gym in my lounge room. 1 cage is their main cage, sleep, lock away etc etc,the other is called the "jungle" cage, most of the time its full of palm leaves that they love playing and climbing on aswell as chewing. The jungle cage is Oxy's favourite place and when the leaves are in he will chew and play all day. When he has had enough and wants me or to go elsewhere he will perch on the front of cage and stretch out forward (he will do this on the main cage too). when i see this i will get up, go to him for him to step up, he will then scurry to my shoulder and stay there until i sit down, then he will climb onto the play gym or scurry across the longes and fly to the main cage. Well that is what happens when he isnt playing games with me.... it seems most of the time he will do the come get me pose, ill get up go to the cage. when i get about a step away he will quickly scurry to the back of the cage. when he does this ill laugh at him, tell him he is a terrir and go back to what i was doing. A few minutes later he will do it again and again.

I figure this is his way of punishing me for having him clipped and he finds it amusing to have his slave go up and down up and down.

I think it is really cute and thought i'd share.

2. The following user likes this post:

Debra (06-09-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Our birds own us, not the other way around, right? LOL! Cute story! Thanks for sharing! He sounds like an adorable little guy!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

How funny!

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    Our birds own us, not the other way around, right? LOL! Cute story! Thanks for sharing! He sounds like an adorable little guy!
    he is adorable. and as for being owned by our birds, you are not wrong. due to a back injury i am unable to work atm so as my job description on facebook i have it stated as "slave to the 3 amigos"
    There are days i wish i had never injured my back as it has put so many restrictions on my life, but then i stop and think im glad i did. Sounds strange i know, but its because of my injury i have my beautiful darlings. My bf brought Oxy for me because i love birds and knew having him in my life would bring me some joy and something to do to keep me busy during the days when i was home alone. I think he under estimated how much difference having Oxy woukd make in my life and then adding Prince and Bruno 4 months lately. they bring me so much joy, and keep me that busy i barely have time to feel sorry for myself. They are even succeeding in turning my BF into their slave too....especially Oxy, he has him wrapoed around his little talon.

6. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (06-09-2013)

Parrots

Josie - B&G macaw
    Sounds like when the kids are sitting in the hi chair and keep dropping stuff on the floor because they know you will pick it up....sounds like this is a fun game for him and some exercise for you. :-)

Parrots

lol anita, oxy loves playing that game too.... the others will climb down and get a toy they drop and try to carry it back up, but not oxy, he will sit there look at you then look down to the dropped toy and of course as soon as you sit down after picking it up for him he does it again. Its probably my fault he does this.... i baby him so much because he is my baby and i spoil them all rotten

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    well u r defiantly a slave to them and its like he is playing fetch with you except your the fetcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ha ha poor mummy

10. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (06-11-2013)