User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    David: go here http://www.abvp.com/diplomate and select 'avian' and then indicate your area to search for a board certified avian vet. If nothing turns up then go here http://www.aav.org/search/index.php to search for an AAV affiliated avian vet near you.

Parrots

Abraham (Abe)
    plax I did what you said, the nearest avian vet is 123 miles from my location.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Abesdad View Post
    plax I did what you said, the nearest avian vet is 123 miles from my location.
    Hi David... was this vet on the ABVP list or the AAV list?

Parrots

Josie - B&G macaw
    David, is that the one in the Allentown/bethlehem area? We used to have one in our area but he got sick and retired :-( so we have to travel to the vet now.

Parrots

Abraham (Abe)
    aav but I tried both.

Parrots

Abraham (Abe)
    yes Anita

Administrator

Parrots

That makes it pretty rough, David. You may want to make the 123 mile trip if Abe ever demonstrates signs of a serious medical complication. And it would be good to get him an initial checkup at some point as well. For urgent matters you'll likely have to rely upon small animal vets in your area. It might be a good idea for you to meet and contact other bird owners near you to learn who they are using for a bird vet. Check with bird rescue facilities and/or bird stores in your area for recommendations. Best of luck with all of that.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    This may go against the mainstream but I think there are many vets that are very good with birds that are not certified avian. I have gone to two of them and had no problems. You may want to check around with the other members from PA and ask around.
    Last edited by spiritbird; 06-05-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    OK I made some phone calls for you and found an animal hospital that has a vet who takes care of birds. His name is Dr. Gerstenfeld and here is the link http://www.chestnuthillvet.com/ Phone number is 215-836-2950. This should be much closer for you.

Last edited by spiritbird; 06-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (06-05-2013), plax (06-05-2013), ShellyBorg (06-11-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

That was so nice of you to do for David, Dianne. Thanks so much!