User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My birds new playroom

Parrots

Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure ( Forrest) , Sun Conure ( Nacho)

My birds new playroom

I started months ago cleaning out this room, was used for storage mainly just off the den. Anyway, got it all painted up in this neon greenish yellow which I was hesitant about but the fids seem to go crazy, they love the color. Since it adjoins the den and Forrest is always in the den with us he goes in and out at will unless someone comes in and then the little feathered pit bull gets locked in his new room. He can watch the grandkids swim and his girlfriend comes over and they watch them swim together. I have other ideas but this is a pretty good start for now. Great when you have company. Of course he was on my shoulder while I was taking pics. LOL
    I keep a flight cage in there for my Sun conure. He likes having the comfort of a cage to go in and out of. Forrest only sleeps in cages. Can't let them in there together because little Napoleon attacks the Sun. They have to take turns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birds playroom 001.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birds playroom 002.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birds playroom 003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birds playroom 004.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birds playroom 005.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	700
    Last edited by conuremom; 05-30-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: additional info

2. The following 7 users like this post:

aliray (05-31-2013), Debra (05-30-2013), headfeathermistress (05-31-2013), Honesty (05-30-2013), Mare (06-02-2013), Pinkbirdy (05-31-2013), Turquoise (06-05-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I can see why the birdies like the color. Very nice. Those little GCC can have a bit of dominance in them for sure.

It looks lovely. They certainly have some lovely things to swing about on

What an awesome playroom! I think the color is great....but I guess the birdies get the final say...hehe. You really did a great job of making it a fun play area with the boing and colorful toys. I am sure your fids will enjoy it and having the windows to look out of is a real plus for them! I have that same perch swing you have hanging from the boing in the first picture. Mine is more chewed up from the Senegal parrot I used to have. But I hope to use it again in the future.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Lol! I have those wooden swings for my macaws those little green cheeks must feel like kings! Beautiful room.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Awesome job! That is a great playroom for your birdie buddies!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Mateo (BFA) Jayde (YNA) Buddy (QP) Molly (ER) Caster (FSC) Kaylee (CBC) Beebo (Tiel) Harley (Q of B) Bubs (RTC)
    Wonderful room. You and them both with probably enjoy it much more.

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    I love the room and I can see why the birds do

Parrots

CAGs, Quaker. Poicephalus, Budgies, Parrotlet
    Love it!
    Great bird play areas

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Lucky birds, indeed! Great job, the color is perfect!