User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My DIY Playgyms I just made!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

Cool My DIY Playgyms I just made!

So I finally finished these new great play gyms and t-stands I made for my birdie buddies! I've made them from PVC. I found this great book that gave me directions on how to put them together. Which was really helpful. I tried making a pvc perch years ago and it was way to flimsy. So having step by step help in designing it was great!

Here are some pics:

Savannah's Play Gym

Quincy's Play Gym

Savannah's T-Stand

Quincy's T-Stand

I was able to build in a swing on both gyms. They are both getting used to them and haven't really moved around on them much, but I figured that will improve with time! The newspaper I think isn't really necessary as I have plastic on my floor which is easy to clean up. The newspaper is kind of a pain to put down constantly! I think I just wanted them to stay pretty for the pics! I haven't tried the t-stands yet, but look forward to having a couple of good portable perches to use around the house! Next on my DIY list is window/shower perches and possible car perches for going back and forth to work only!
    Last edited by Blancaej; 07-14-2013 at 01:08 AM.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following user likes this post:

Minamommy (11-18-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    They look amazing I am planning to make a few myself, I have two commercially made ones and my guys love them! Sure they will move around with time.

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (05-30-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks JT! I had more fun making those darn things! LOL!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following user likes this post:

jtbirds (05-30-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Haha I'm sure I love making big things like playgyms or big toys, I can't stand making small toys, my fingers are to big...

8. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (05-30-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Wow Blanca [IM SO IMPRESSED } You should make up a few more to sell

10. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (05-30-2013)

Parrots

I think you would enjoy it. Small toys are way to tedious and I have fat finger syndrome!

Terri - Thanks! I have too many business already! Lol!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

12. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-30-2013)

They look great!

They are amazing Blanca

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw, DYH Amazon, Timneh African Grey, Senegal
    Great job! They look great
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Dakin_Corbin/media/MT3B_zps619f8d39.png.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/Dakin_Corbin/MT3B_zps619f8d39.png target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps619f8d39.png</a></a>

Parrots

Thanks everyone!

If anyone wants the info on the book, here is the link to Amazon where I purchased it.

http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Toys-Pl...arrot+book+toy