User Tag List

Thread: Guess we should leave her alone

Guess we should leave her alone

Little Amber has two doors on her cage that we open so she can come and go as she pleases. She's a timid little thing that quakes when she's nervous or mad. I noticed this morning she was quaking a lot when I opened her cage. I didn't pay much mind to it just thought she wanted to be left alone. I took out her fresh food bowl and put in her pellet bowl and went to another cage. When I turned around, she had closed both doors and stood there challenging me. I just told her I got the hint and that I love her. She's now busy preening her preening toy and seems happy. Guess I'll leave her alone for a while.

2. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-29-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Are Quakers temperamental like many conures? I've never had one because I swear every Quaker I've met has hated me, lol!

Mine sure are. I get bit just about every time I put my hand inside Frankie's cage. But then again he's cage aggressive.

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    That is one smart little quaker. Hehe.

LOL.. Sounds like he wanted his own space today and shutting the doors was his way of telling you he wanted to be left alone They all seem to have their own funny little ways

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Does cage aggressive mean that the bird doesn't want you IN it's cage or, NEAR, it's cage? Sassy doesn't mind me putting my hand in her cage, while she is in it. She DOES mind me being close to it while she is sitting on the outside of it. Maybe she is just semi-cage aggressive?

Parrots

Darcy (golden-collared macaw), Puck (caique - RIP)
    She sounds like a smart birdy! My mom's friend had a budgie that would pick up a padlock and try to lock his cage when he was feeling extra antisocial.

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-01-2013)

Mare -- in the case of my male Quaker the aggression is both inside and out. I've got plenty of bites from just trying to feed him. Little Amber is aggressive only when she's locked herself in the cage or any time my hubby puts his hand in her cage and she's near him. She's rarely aggressive with me. But let a tiel land on her cage and she's after toes! She does not want another bird on her cage.

11. The following user likes this post:

Mare (06-01-2013)