User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tequilas trust training :)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

Tequilas trust training :)

I wanted to share a funny moment that happened 2 months after I got Tequila Tequilas a Blue frnt rehomed,30 + year old zon. Hes my first zon [and this species is unlike any other] I learned quickly with him if he didn't want to do something [like go back in his cage he wasn't going to do it!!] So I just decided to use a stick to move him around . He was fine with that [so that's what we do] Hes the oldest bird Ive ever had. What he liked to do is climb down from his cage and sit next to me on the arm of the couch [and hang out] . One night I had a bathrobe on [untied]. I wasn't paying attention to him [I was on my laptop] . Next thing I know he rolled off the arm of the couch and ended up inside my robe . I looked down and his feet were sticking up in the air .I could feel his beak against my waist [I was crappy my pants ] I had been bit by him before and cant imagine what it would feel like there!! Now remember he will only step on a stick [so I had a dilemma] He wasn't even trying to get out!! All I can think of ,is he sees me with my other birds on their backs and this was saying how much he trust me at this point. I was able to somehow get him out . I think he was giving me a little trust training

2. The following user likes this post:

Debra (05-24-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Tequila my Buddy boy now

4. The following 6 users like this post:

Birdboy (05-26-2013), Debra (05-24-2013), Honesty (05-24-2013), Lady (05-07-2016), lolsavannahh (05-03-2016), roxynoodle (05-24-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    At least he doesn't want to preen your ears, lol! A few days ago I had Pete grab my left ear (not too hard, thankfully!). I said, "Oh, no, Pete!" So he lets go and immediately grabs my right one I say the same thing and then he grabs my lips with his foot because he was going to climb up my face! Yeah, that's not going to happen! He weighs over 500g.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (05-03-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-25-2013)

LOL.. That sounds like quite a scarey moment. He is adorable Just look at that sweet and innocent little face

8. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (05-03-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-25-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    He certainly looks sweet enough, but it sounds like looks can be deceiving! LOL! Glad he is trusting you more. It sounds quite funny what he did! I can only imagine the look on your face when you saw his feet sticking out of your robe!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

10. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Today Tequila [must have missed me ].Bounded across the couch to try and climb up on my shoulder. The old owners said once hes up there he wont get off..... [great] Funny how these rehomes evolve more and more as time goes on.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (05-03-2016), Penny (05-03-2016)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    They reach this breakaway point and then just start to thrive and become there own, it's so great to see and hear..

I used to have those moments of bug eyed like omg what am I going to do now this bird is on me, but now I just get so happy because I know we are moving foward and the other thing is amazon and macaw bites do not effect me I can just laugh about them, kinda like angry dogs have no effect on me but angry cats can annoy me lol(working in a vet hospital I found out quickly my preference).

Tequila has moved on a great deal and it sounds great! I am so happy for you and her.

I knew a rose breasted named tequila rose, was yours named because of the drink because this one defiantly was with the stuff she would say lol!

14. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-26-2013)

Parrots

Shumway - Yellow Naped Amazon, Shiloh - Congo African Grey, Simba - Sun Conure
    LOL Too funny !! He is a Handsome boy !!

16. The following 2 users like this post:

lolsavannahh (05-03-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-26-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Ha Ha Jt ,Im laughing at your post Tequila came with that name [hes from Georgia] At first I thought I would try to change it [he doesn't say his name] . But I just cant [I seem to call him Buddy Boy] Oh the nicknames we have for our birds !! LOL

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I like the name, it is different at least you don't have a double yellow head with the name of babe(such a common name) and then the harlequin was baby(again common name) and I just changed it to baby girl... I have two Molly's the female eclectus and the female ring neck and a dog named max and th male eclectus named max... Different names are so much better lol!

Half the m2s I know are peachy and half the military macaws I know are Sarg or rambo-.-.(if I ever get a military without a name it is going to be named lieutenant Dan, lol!)

Be happy you have a tequila

Ooo I have a macaw named tucker and I tell him his name rhymes way to close with a bad word... I call jackpot Jackie chan sometimes and odd names, we do have very odd names for our birds.

19. The following user likes this post:

Debra (05-26-2013)