User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realized Today

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

Realized Today

Im able to have Charlotte [see my kids friends, at my house ] . She was very excited to see them ,kept saying hi . She would even shyly go over and sit on their arm. Nice to know what a gentle species she is. Do you guys know other Hawkheads like this . Shes the only one ive ever experiencehttp://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh522/terris526/eliseandsammy018_zpsd7d227ea.jpgd.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Charlotte

3. The following 9 users like this post:

Blancaej (05-24-2013), Debra (05-23-2013), Honesty (05-24-2013), jtbirds (05-23-2013), keepsmiling (05-25-2013), Lady (02-07-2015), Mare (05-24-2013), roxynoodle (05-23-2013), ShellyBorg (05-23-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Hawk heads are given a very bad rep. Many say they are unsuitable pets, loud, just not the species to own. I have always said that is not true at all and she is proving it. They are great IMO and my dream bird!

5. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (05-25-2013), Pinkbirdy (05-24-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I have read in several places they do not make good pets, especially if you have other birds in the home. She is so adorable and I am happy for you to have a gentle soul i this bird.

7. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-24-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I don't know anything about Hawk Heads but I do know Charlotte is a beautiful girl!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

9. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-24-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I have read in several places they do not make good pets, especially if you have other birds in the home. She is so adorable and I am happy for you to have a gentle soul i this bird.
    Shes really doing great with all my birds [and theres alot] Shes not aggressive whatsoever with the others. Its cute to watch her she trys to do follow what my Macaw does. It was nice having my girls 2 friends there,and not having to worry about her one bit .

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    She is very pretty! I've never met a hawks head, are they as large as an Amazon?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    She is very pretty! I've never met a hawks head, are they as large as an Amazon?
    Mare its funny you say that ,because as she was being weaned . I did think she was going to be the size of an amazon . [I didn't have Tequila yet] so I didn't know. Shes not that big [try to get pictures next to others tomorrow so you can see] She just has a thick neck. maybe mini macaw size. I think she might be a best kept secret [for people wanting a bird recommended] They have such a bad rap on the internet [wanted to get the word out]

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-24-2013)

She is adorable.

15. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-24-2013)

Parrots

A CAG, Budgies, Parrotlets, Lovies, Cockatiels and five Starlings.
    Gorgeous Birdy!!!I agree that people give many different Birds bad raps.I think Birds are a product of their environment,training,etc.Great job with this one!!
    A Time for everything,
    And everything,its place
    Return what is Lost;
    Through Time,and Space

17. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-25-2013)