User Tag List

Thread: So Sad :(

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

So Sad :(

Sally Blanchards ,Spikey Lebec died . She thinks it was before his time [25 I think] of a heartattack I just love her ideas and ways with birds [so many experiences ] .Im sad for her . Her whole site looked modeled around him . Do you guys read her ?

2. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (05-22-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Wow that is really sad I have read much from her and enjoyed many of her write ups and she based a lot around that bird... A great loss for sure.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (05-22-2013), ShellyBorg (05-22-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Aww..I get her newsletters, but have not opened the most recent one. RIP Spikey.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I'll be thinking of her.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is so sad. I've never read anything by her. I will have to check it out.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Awww, fly high Spikey Lebec, watch over your flock.

I have a couple of her books & several reallly old Bird Talk magazines where she had a collume she wrote each month in. I like her down to 'earth' narratives of living with parrots in her writings.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

CAGs, Quaker. Poicephalus, Budgies, Parrotlet
    So sad. He was around for so long. Very hard to lose a loved one

Parrots

Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched Aug 12, 2012
    Aww..poor Sally. I am sure she is devastated with Spikey's heart attack. I lost my almost 18 year old Noble macaw Mihijo to a heart attack in October and still am grieving for him. The sudden loss is so hard. Long ago when I was still a member of our local bird club Sally spoke at one of our meetings. She brought Spikey with her and her talk was very informative and funny. She is a very nice lady and I enjoyed her talk. I feel bad for Sally right now as I know what she is going through.

11. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (06-10-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by noblemacaw View Post
    Aww..poor Sally. I am sure she is devastated with Spikey's heart attack. I lost my almost 18 year old Noble macaw Mihijo to a heart attack in October and still am grieving for him. The sudden loss is so hard. Long ago when I was still a member of our local bird club Sally spoke at one of our meetings. She brought Spikey with her and her talk was very informative and funny. She is a very nice lady and I enjoyed her talk. I feel bad for Sally right now as I know what she is going through.
    I love her !!! Neat you were able to see her. Do you know if she still does events .

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Rebecca - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Mihigo. That wasn't too long ago. I'm sure he will be forever in your heart.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield