User Tag List

Thread: RIP Zaffer, my adored best friend and original Precisely Parrots mascot

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

RIP Zaffer, my adored best friend and original Precisely Parrots mascot

My dearly cherished hyacinth macaw and lifetime companion, Zaffer, passed away today at the age of 34. He'd been suffering from fibrosarcoma.

Zaffer is the 2nd bird from the left pictured on the Precisely Parrots website logo banner. He is as well the hyacinth macaw pictured within the Precisely Parrots ring emblem and he was the subject model for the Precisely Parrots website favicon. Additionally, he is the bird pictured in both my profile photo and my avatar.

Zaffer lived with me for 18 years. He was truly the love of my life. He's simply irreplaceable! Hands down, he was the most gentle and loving bird I've ever known. We had an incredible bond and shared many amazing and wonderful times together. Each and every night, he was insistent about sleeping on my chest - he would flatten out and somehow just melt into me as he faded into slumberland. He loved to dance to music, play fetch with his ball, and bat metal bowls around his cage's floor grate. He also loved to have his way with empty 1-gallon water jugs and paper grocery sacks, and he would become intensely excited whenever I'd utter the word "sack(s)" or "bag(s)." He was an incredibly happy and loving bird and he was so very playful.

I miss Zaf more than words can ever express... my life has been decimated!

Fly free, my beautiful blue friend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	5432
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am so sorry for your loss .

You wrote a beautiful tribute to your best friend. Cherish the happy memories and try to balance those with the enormous grief you are feeling.

Thinking of you…please take care..

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Thanks so much, Helena

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-24-2023)

I’m deeply sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Zaffer. It sounds like he was an amazing bird and a beloved companion. It's clear that he brought so much joy and love into your life, and I can only imagine how much you must be missing him right now. He'll always be a cherished part of your life and remain a part of your heart forever.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2023), plax (04-26-2023)

Administrator

Parrots

JessAnderson: Thanks for your kind words

Quote Originally Posted by JessAnderson View Post
    I’m deeply sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Zaffer. It sounds like he was an amazing bird and a beloved companion. It's clear that he brought so much joy and love into your life, and I can only imagine how much you must be missing him right now. He'll always be a cherished part of your life and remain a part of your heart forever.
    As you mourn his passing, please remember that there are many ways to honor the memories you shared with him. One option is to consider dedicating one of those Bench Monuments in your local park in his memory. It could be a beautiful way to celebrate the love and joy he brought into your life and a peaceful place for you to reflect on your memories together.

9. The following user likes this post:

plax (04-28-2023)