User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thimbletack

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Thimble is probably a little confused and can’t understand why Gracie isn’t like her other friends. You never know, she may win Gracie over.

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    We’re getting there! Caught them sharing food and toys a few times now…

We’re also now torn on Thimbles name. We chose it — she did not have one — so she won’t be confused either way. We’re between Thimble and Leslie, after Leslie Allen Jordan, who we all loved! Tough pick.

3. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-24-2022)

Parrots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07EE8EF0-545F-461B-8DAC-7FBE6C9D42FF.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	5381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA0504CD-4153-40FC-B426-60F99B23249E.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	5382

She’s settled in well, and now flock calls for the family. She loves Gracie, who is now letting her close. We discovered she likes to paint! I open a drawing app, chose a color palette and let her stomp away and use her tongue to draw. She likes to watch the colors appear. She gets endless entertainment from it, and it’s pretty cute.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-26-2022)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Thimble sounds like a little sweetheart. I am sure she will be able to win Gracie over.

Parrots

She is teaching Gracie what target training is all about! Gracie has been too scared of the stick. But this little one is bolder than sin and very smart. Gracie sees that the stick won’t hurt her after all, and is starting to touch it. I’m so happy to see my baby girl come out of her shell and feel secure and happy. My Gracie loves scritches, but was always soooo hesitant to come get them. She will always be my heart.

I am so glad we grew our family. Our little one is very intelligent, even for a tiel. She has conquered target training and spin, and delights in learning new things. She’s a bad one, too…into everything. We’re very amused.
    Last edited by rivx; 11-29-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

This is wonderful news. What a great decision to get Gracie a friend! Gracie will be able to reap the benefits of having Thimble around and you do as well due to Thimble being so open and accepting of her new life.

Parrots

A month home as of yesterday! We did end up changing her name to Matilda — she didn’t have one before our home, so the month of figuring one out didn’t unsettle her much — which is a good thing, because she quickly began to respond to it in a way she didn’t to the others we tried out. Funny!

She quickly grew into a little trouble maker. She throws things off the table and tugs the night time cover off at bedtime… snatches things to run around the house with….she likes the chase. Gracie is not so amused, but has decided that they’re friends. She grooms her tail for her, but their relationship reminds me of the old man and the boy from UP.

Regardless, Gracie joined us tonight. She flew over to the bed for a head scratch and relaxed for a bit before I put them up.

AND on another note, we finally know how old Gracie really is!! We were never sure. But through contact with a previous owner we were able to confirm she is between thirteen and fourteen years old. No wonder!

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-14-2022)

Super Moderator

Parrots

What great news. So Gracie is finally coming around. Good for her.

Will you find a nickname for Matilda? Tillie? Mattie? I seem to have found shortened names or changing syllable sounds like Jo-wee, emphasis on the “wee” for Joey. Peewee’s name changed to Peeweewee.

You are doing such a good job with them…they are lucky to live with you.

Parrots

Thank you very much! I am so glad you think so.

We call Matilda by her full name usually, but she is often Baby or Tilly. And when she’s acting trouble, we call her Dovah. Matilda is from Skyrim, and Dovah means in dragon in that world. She’s just happy to be referred to. We’re that family…our dog has nine nicknames used almost daily…oops?

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-15-2022)