User Tag List

Thread: European starling needs home - Buffalo, NY

Threaded View

Parrots

1 European starling.

European starling needs home - Buffalo, NY

I am from western NY, near Buffalo. In June I rescued a hatchling European Starling (Sturnus vulgarus), and raised him. His name is Rocky. He still has his baby feathers, but he is in the middle of his first molt and will be covered in handsome adult feathers soon... probably by next week. He eats a powdered mixture of dog/cat kibble, chicken pellets, and egg powder. He also needs fruit, and he likes it in the form of a few blueberries, strawberries, and apples.

Unfortunately, I cannot keep him as I am moving and can't take him with me.

Any prospective owner must be willing and able to give him free flight time (indoors, of course!) for at least 2 hours a day, and must interact with him regularly. Otherwise he will become bored and depressed. He loves people and especially loves it when I give him crinkled paper strips to play with. He has begun to imitate sounds such as bubbles and wistles, squeaks, chirps, and even sounds that resemble human speach! I heard of one person once, who said that her starling started talking before her african grey parrot!

If you would like him but don't know how to take care of him (European starlings' care is much different from that of other domestic birds), please let me know! I would be very happy to help. If you do take him, please be aware that I will ask you how he's doing every now and then, as I really want to see how he turns out.

I am asking $575 for the bird, the cage, the accessories, the toys, a bag of food, a mostly-full 10-lb bag of chicken pellets, and a mostly-full 11-oz bag of egg powder. The price may seem kind of high, but he is a very healthy, young bird, with established health. Also, all of the things he comes with add up quickly, as well as the time I spent interacting with him, imprinting him, etc.

I will not ship him, so it will have to be pickup or local delivery. Either way, I'd like to talk in person to Rocky's new owner.

Thank you!
    Josiah
    Last edited by starlingdude101; 08-13-2021 at 01:03 PM.