Good afternoon everybody,

Yesterday my male lovebird passed away, he was at the vet since Sunday evening. He left behind his partner and their 2 kids. So far, my female lovebird has not been calling to him. Nor have I seen her sad. I have her with her kids who are already 4 months old. So they are fully weaned and flight capable. Although occasionally she gets frustrated with them. I've been reading a lot about birds getting sad after the loss of their mate. I just wanted to know what are some signs I got to look out for, with her. Since Sunday she's been sleeping alone. But yesterday I decided she should sleep in the same cage with her 2 kids. Which is big enough for 3 lovebirds. So I put her little hut that her and my male lovebird use to sleep in the corner of the cage. She didn't end up staying in it and decided to stay hanging from one of her toys. Her kids do the same thing by the way. I'm just worried for her. Any recommendations? Do I get her a new partner? How long should I wait to introduce her to a new male. I feel guilty bringing in another male right away. I really bonded with my little guy and I just feel horrible. But at the same time. I don't want to lose one due to sadness. Please help me out. Someone.... Please & Thank You.