User Tag List

Thread: Crimson Rosella_pet birds or breeders

Parrots

None myself I am researching Crimson Rosella and Australian King Parrots

Crimson Rosella_pet birds or breeders

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have joined in the hope that I might connect with people keeping Crimson Rosella's as pets or breeding them.

I am working on a study to investigate this species in the wild and assessing the level of use of feed provided at wild bird feeding sites. This is part of a PhD project with the School of Veterinary Science, at the University of Sydney.

In order to make a comparison I have collected samples from wild birds making use of feed provided at a site in South East Queensland and Victoria. The results will be compared with those for unfed wild birds, represented by historical samples (pre 1960). and, if I am able - pet birds - representing fed birds. The aim of the study is to improve our understanding of how wild birds make use of feed that is being provided, with some onward analysis of the wild birds' health and behaviour.

I need feathers (1 thigh/body feather-obtained at time of moult) of approximately 20 individual birds. Ideally these feathers will come from birds at different locations along the east coast of Australia. But, anyone with numerous birds will also help a great deal. I would also need to ask a few questions to record information about the diet of the bird. No personally identifying information will be reported. The outcomes of the results would be provided at the time of publication.

Please send me a private message if you may be able to help or if you know anyone I can connect with to make further enquiries. I will be able to provide more information and all the requirements to assist this research. There will be no cost involved.

Thank you kindly,

Michelle Plant

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum and best wishes for your research.

Parrots

None myself I am researching Crimson Rosella and Australian King Parrots
    Thank you!