User Tag List

Thread: Flight feathers lost?

Flight feathers lost?

One of my budgie is losing her flight feathers on one wing and I'm a little concerned. I've never clipped my birds and they were flighted when I got them. I don't see them in a pile of the bottom of the cage, so I don't know what's going on.

This link has the photo's since this forum won't upload my pictures

http://docs.google.com/presentation/...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Aviary; 03-17-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    That is odd. Do you have a cat? Sometimes cats are able to pull out feathers if they can reach them. It could also be that you bird is molting and the feathers on the other wing will fall out to match.
    I would also check around the room for the missing feathers. One of my birds had a scare in his cage and as he was flapping his tail got caught in the bars and he lost a couple of feathers. His flapping caused them to land behind the cage on the floor.

If you are really worried, a vet visit wouldn’t hurt.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know what happens.

I do not have a cat, but I do put them outside to get fresh air during the day, but there are stray cats around so maybe she got frightened when it came around, however they are far above the ground where the cat can't teach them

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-30-2020)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yes, sometimes my birds get spooked and lose some feathers in the process. Hope your bird is doing better now.

They started growing back hopefully she doesn't freak

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-30-2020)